Death of a Petitioner

mercator

Cutting to the chase (backstory).

My wife's best friend was a CR-1 beneficiary post P3.

Her husband died, and it was Immigration who called her and broke the news to her... Her in-laws did not let her know. It was two months later.

What happens to her now? Her petition was never completed, so then is her case over? Is there anything she can do? She has her husband's estate to deal with (a house and some debts, basically), as well as seeing his gravesite.

She is grieving and so I offered to help my wife help her by getting all the questions answered.

Thanks,

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Cutting to the chase (backstory).

My wife's best friend was a CR-1 beneficiary post P3

Her husband died, and it was Immigration who called her and broke the news to her... Her in-laws did not let her know.  It was two months later.

What happens to her now?  Her petition was never completed, so then is her case over?  Is there anything she can do?  She has her husband's estate to deal with (a house and some debts, basically), as well as seeing his gravesite. 

She is grieving and so I offered to help my wife help her by getting all the questions answered.

Thanks,

197583[/snapback]

Our condolences to your friend.

If this friend's case is already at the Consulate, then she should email us.

If the case is still in the U.S., she should contact USCIS.

We don't want to speculate or comment on individual cases in this forum so it is better if she or her representative contacts us directly.