Need to ask a Question????????

Yes I filed my wife I-130 in July of 2005....on it, it said to list who will be going with you so I thought that she would take her 13 year old daughter with her but now I get a letter saying we must file one on her behalf....is this right????? did I do this all wrong???????I need so help here...Please

thanks,

Dan M

Guest pushbrk
Yes I filed my wife I-130 in July of 2005....on it, it said to list who will be going with you so I thought that she would take her 13 year old daughter with her but now I get a letter saying we must file one on her behalf....is this right????? did I do this all wrong???????I need so help here...Please

thanks,

Dan M

197463[/snapback]

At some point you will have to file an I-130 for the daughter. It is generally best to do it at the same time as your wife.

You will have to file the I-130 for the child. When depends on which visa you'll get. If you expect the I-130 to process for your wife, you'll need the I-130 filed for her daughter as well and hope the consulate can coordinate so that both can be interviewed at the same time and get their immigrant visas as the same time. Otherwise, you may be looking at two separate interviews (don't know if her age would make a difference).

If you're sure you'll be getting the K-3/K-4, you don't need to have filed the I-130 beforehand to get these K non immigrant visas, but you'll need to file the daughter's I-130 as part of the adjustment of status after the family arrives in the US.

The smart money says to go ahead and file the I-130 now, and get it out of the way.

Dan,

Frank's right... get the I-130 filed ASAP

good luck