Interview for AOS passed, but problem. . .

Don't ask why we were so late but it was my fault for quitting studying immigration, and the customer service center's fault for giving me wrong advice. But anyway my wife and I went for our AOS interview today and we passed. He only asked her if she had ever been in trouble with the law. All other possible questions were not asked. Of course we have been married for five years this coming July so the interview was just a formality.

Everything would have been perfect except the name check was not completed yet because when some faceless bureaucrat sent the request to the FBI they put for country of origin "Don't Know." I had put "PRC" in that spot on the 485 application, but this moron sent it to the FBI without looking up what PRC means. How they could be working for CIS and not know that I have no idea. Anyway the officer told me I was not wrong to have put down PRC but it was not the best answer because as we just found out it was not an idiot-proof answer. So everyone be aware: Put the word China.

Anyway we will just have to wait a little while for the name check thingie (as if they had not done this a dozen times already) and then she will finally have her green card. I feel massively relieved.

Good luck to everyone.

I can hear the PDF readers opening all over the world... :(

Hopefully they can get their details cleared up quickly and get that green card out.

It does prove one thing, we have reduced the requirements to work for the DHS to a level never seen before, another proud day in American history... Just makes me feel safer knowing this. :blink: