One More Success Storyl...

It's been a while since any posting, although I do drop in to read from time to time so thought I would drop a line of progress.

Yesterday Yunling and her daughter Leyan got their conditional green card in the mail. Both were VERY excited! :clapping: They arrived Feb 20, '05 and we've been married almost 1 year(Mar 22nd) and started the paperwork last April.

Our paperwork was eventually sent to Cal and we were RFE'd 2 times.

1st time they wanted Vac supp. for Yunling and full medical for Leyan. We had originally sent copies of the vac supp that the doc had made, wanting to hold the originals for the interview. Ended up sending the original vac supps' of both back with a copy of the regulations about exams lasting a year and all that stuff with the first RFE.... :clapping:

2nd RFE was wanting a med exam on both, was going to protest when we decided that they were going to probably be needed for interview anyway, so might as well get them done. Exams were done in Jan '06 and paperwork sent in. Got noticed by email that they had recieved and that it shouldn't take that long for card as much of the paperwork was already done.

Last week got notice that things were approved....no interview needed!!!!

Was in the nick of time too as Yunlings EAD was about to expire and we were pondering renewal or waiting for AOS. Well....waits over!!!!!

Now planning on a trip home..... :(

You know...I again must thank CFL and all it's members for all the help and info gleened from these posts. Having kept things in perspective through the whole process seeing that we are not alone in the long drawn out trail of paperwork and governmential stumbling blocks..

It's all been worth it though....and would do it all agian... :redblob:

I know how excited they must be. It is a major milestone - no more EAD, no more AP, no more uncertaintly over legal status in the US, no more hasseling with residence issues, drivers licenses, and social security cards, and no more "lao gong, why is the US government so slow?" :P

Don't forget to mark your calender for 21 months out to file for removal of conditions.

Congratulations