P4 today 2/21

I have seen interview dates with little notice before. It is rare to have less than a month notice but it does happen. My speculation is perhaps there is a cancelation and they don't want to waste the slot so they give it to someone who otherwise would probably be on the next months schedule.

I have seen interview dates with little notice before.  It is rare to have less than a month notice but it does happen.  My speculation is perhaps there is a cancelation and they don't want to waste the slot so they give it to someone who otherwise would probably be on the next months schedule.

192515[/snapback]

Thanks to all for your good wishes! Carl, you may be right but I also just saw another P4 arrival with March 6 or March 8 interview here. Maybe there were a couple cancellations. Whatever the reason, I'm happy ours will be soon so I can be here for it!!

It's a rainy day in Wuming today, but we are not minding a bit!! My SO is heading out to the police station now to get her police certificate... neither of us slept very well last night.... :D Cheers from China!!

Nice to see the good news. Best of luck in the interview.

192512[/snapback]

Congradulation Jim

I ended up in the same boat as you guys, My So got her P4 and interview date was only 14 days later. She is going for a March 2nd interview.

Wish us luck and we will keep you all informed

Congradulation Jim

I ended up in the same boat as you guys, My So got her P4 and interview date was only 14 days later. She is going for a March 2nd interview.

Wish us luck and we will keep you all informed

192654[/snapback]

Best of luck to you and your SO on the March 2 interview. Yes, a mild panic sets in when you see the interview will be so soon when you are used to hearing it takes one month here.... no complaining though! That's 3 recent P4's with 2 week lead time... hmmmm :D

CONGRATULATIONS !

have your SO call a few of the medical locations.... find out about the saturday opening. I'd also ask if you get there early enough on a monday, can you pay for same day pickup... if not, then next day pickup can occur with expedited pay.

192460[/snapback]

David, thanks for reminding me about the expedited mode at the hospitals.... had seen that mentioned before but forgot about it. We will look into that. That would save us 2 or 3 nights hotels if we could arrive Monday morning and get the medical exams done on Monday and pick up the paperwork on Tues, prior to the Wed interview.

Guest ShaQuaNew
CONGRATULATIONS !

have your SO call a few of the medical locations.... find out about the saturday opening. I'd also ask if you get there early enough on a monday, can you pay for same day pickup... if not, then next day pickup can occur with expedited pay.

192460[/snapback]

David, thanks for reminding me about the expedited mode at the hospitals.... had seen that mentioned before but forgot about it. We will look into that. That would save us 2 or 3 nights hotels if we could arrive Monday morning and get the medical exams done on Monday and pick up the paperwork on Tues, prior to the Wed interview.

192709[/snapback]

Jim, you indeed moved through the process very quickly. There have been a few others lately that have also, but not sure if it's a trend or anomaly.

Jim, you indeed moved through the process very quickly. There have been a few others lately that have also, but not sure if it's a trend or anomaly.

192774[/snapback]

Jesse, I agree, I don't know either, but 3 recent cases of P4 to interview of 2 weeks looks like more than what I've seen here before, so we'll wait and see if it is a qwirk or a trend as more P4's are received.

My SO called the Hospital in GZ to confirm the 2 day processing with a 60 yuan fee so we will go to GZ on Sunday March 5, go to Medical first thing on Monday, then pickup the paperwork in afternoon on Tuesday before her Wed interview. Since the hospitals don't process medicals on Sat or Sun, this saved us 3 or 4 nights of hotel stay there. She also called and got a room reserved at the TianYu Garden hotel, so we should be all set after picking up the police certificate from the English translation place in Wuming tomorrow.

I can see the nervousness in my SO already!! My "don't worry" words to her don't seem to help, so I'm glad the interview is soon, so the worry period will be shorter. :rolleyes:

192774[/snapback]

Jesse, I agree, I don't know either, but 3 recent cases of P4 to interview of 2 weeks looks like more than what I've seen here before, so we'll wait and see if it is a qwirk or a trend as more P4's are received.

My SO called the Hospital in GZ to confirm the 2 day processing with a 60 yuan fee so we will go to GZ on Sunday March 5, go to Medical first thing on Monday, then pickup the paperwork in afternoon on Tuesday before her Wed interview. Since the hospitals don't process medicals on Sat or Sun, this saved us 3 or 4 nights of hotel stay there. She also called and got a room reserved at the TianYu Garden hotel, so we should be all set after picking up the police certificate from the English translation place in Wuming tomorrow.

I can see the nervousness in my SO already!! My "don't worry" words to her don't seem to help, so I'm glad the interview is soon, so the worry period will be shorter. :rolleyes:

192895[/snapback]

Is the TianYu Hotel the place where the owner helps with interview questions and medical appt.?

Is the TianYu Hotel the place where the owner helps with interview questions and medical appt.?

192897[/snapback]

Yes, TianYu Gardens Hotel is in the same building as the consulate and they are very helpful. I think the people at both hotels that are listed under GUZ info are helpful like this from what I saw others say.