GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Congratulations on getting the card.

My step daughter's name was misspelled on her green card, so we had to get it corrected. To avoid having to pay an additional fee, we had to show that the mistake was the government's - not that hard to do. :ok:

We went to the local office with the I-90 form completed, along with supporting documentation that showed that all of our initial filings had the correct spelling of the name. The USCIS individual noted a fee waiver on the form and stamped my step daughter's passport with a temporary I-551 stamp. The employee took the old card, and my step daughter received her corrected card in the mail. I don't recall how long it took, but I want to say 6-8 weeks.

I called the USCIS today and was given instructions to return the card to Lee's Summit, Mo along with a copy of her passport and birth certificate (the umpteenth copies!) It appears they gave me the wrong zip code to mail it to. I can only assume it will take much longer to get the corrected card than what it originally took (11 days). They'll probably have to run her name through the 4 month long name check again.

We'll get her SSN card before we mail the green card back.

SNAFU'S AND HUTAS. That's our gummint hard at work!!

Anyone else think it was a bad idea to take a few dozen agencies that could barely handle their own workload and glom them all together into one catch all DHS that is charged with the safety of our entire country??

The right hand still has no idea of what the left hand is doing, only the paperwork got quadrupled!!!

Sorry if I'm ranting a little but it's just unbelieveable that with all of the documents they require of us along the way that they could screw up something so fundamental so badly. In their credit, they did get the right continent!!!

"And they're doing a heck of a job!!!"

Still waiting here for the green card, called last monday, O you don't have it yet? is your address still the same? Yes, We were told we would have it in 30 days and gave a tracking number so we can follow up, also asked was it 30 working days or calender days, she told us it was calender days, so we will see. :blink: