biometrics appt.

Some friends of ours finally got their biometrics notice.

Unfortunately, it was scheduled at a time that he would be out of town!!

Not wanting to postpone it, he took his wife to show her where the office was and what busses she would have to take to get there.

When they looked inside the front door a man asked if they needed help.

My friends explained that they had their appt next week and that he would be out of town and he was just showing her where the office was.

The guy asked their name and lo and behold, they got their biometrics done on the spot!!! :D

I had to call them a dozen times and wait on hold a half hour each time to get an appointment 4 weeks later because they were fully booked 41 days in advance and someone else just walks in and gets it. :blink:

Another fine example of our govt's HUTAS!!! :D

Soooo, if you live close to your biometrics location, you might give it a try!!! :D

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

Saw a couple of cases like that today when we went for Biometrics, one guy showed up who had an appointment for Houston in 2 days and ask if he could come to the KC office instead. They told him yes and he started to leave when the guy said "we can do it for you today so you don't have to drive back again.".

Totally uneventful, but I was able to submit a G-28 so the people on the phone are now authorized to speak with me about AOS issues and my wife met another Chinese woman and her daughter that live about 20 miles away that are from the same province in China. :D

Yeah, it really seems to make no sense. When we went the first time (the one we scheduled), they had my wife's name on the appt. list and there was NO ONE there, so we were in and out in like 2 minutes.

When we went back the second time (the one they told us we had to go to to make sure we wouldn't be seen as abandoning our app), the man told us there was no reason for us to go again, that the 1-800 number should have told us that!

So I can totally see someone just going up to a biometrics office and them happily taking you then. The gov has some serious HUTAS indeed.