is that real?

Okay, just got off the phone with DOS again. This time, they show on their screen that Nancy's namecheck was submitted to them for clearance by GZ in December, right after her interview. Don't know why the last two times I called, none of the operators had this info. Go DOS!

Anyway, this lady said that what the previous lady told me was wrong, and that the December clearance request must go

thru, and as of yet, her screen doesn't show Nancy having been cleared.

However, she said that clearances don't show on their screen untilafter GZ has gotten them back, and processed them. So, Nancy's not being cleared could mean she's tied up stateside, or it could mean her

clearance is on the mailroom floor in GZ, waiting to be processed. I also asked why some people got clearances earlier

than others. She said that things slow down when many people have thesame name. Maybe that's what's slowing Nancy down, as her name is not uncommon. Perhaps here's one more reasonfor Chinese to give their kids 3 characters in their names like before, rather thanthe trend nowadays for only two.

Also, she said that if the namecheck doesn't go thru

in 90 days, they will resubmit. However, she recommended I call back once a week, for

they may not resubmit it unless I remind them.

Grrrrr.

Thanks for the support, guys, I'll keep you posted.

:unsure:

Nicole:

To the best of my knowledge, the lady was right in saying that the DOS screen will not show a clearance until it has been entered into the system in GZ. I think the DOS folks are the last one's to know of a final clearance. I have heard that it takes one to three weeks for GZ to process a clearance once they receive it from Stateside, but I don't know how accurate this information is. I was told one week ago by a contact at CA that our case was "ready to be returned to GZ" and would be sent on February 24. According to this information, if it is correct, then it is possible that your case is sitting on someone's desk in GZ. In my opinion, CA is the best source of information on the actual status of a case until it is finally entered into the databank in GZ.

Nicole,

My Fiancee has only 2 characters and it's very common if base on pronouncing. After wait for 192 days with 3 times name check requests submitted to DOS, it's still pending. I do believe what she said about things slow down when many people have the same name. I start to believe that my case is being ignored or something is wrong with the computer program for the name check process. It’s not really fair to do the direct translation for Chinese name characters. It’s very important that lots of name of the Chinese characters have the some pronouncing and that make them all have the same English translation. DOS, FBI, or CIA should verify the program did compare the “Telecode” of Chinese characters at the same time. Other information like gender, birthday, and etc also need to do the crosscheck with the database as well.

ST

Nicole:

To the best of my knowledge, the lady was right in saying that the DOS screen will not show a clearance until it has been entered into the system in GZ. I think the DOS folks are the last one's to know of a final clearance. I have heard that it takes one to three weeks for GZ to process a clearance once they receive it from Stateside, but I don't know how accurate this information is. I was told one week ago by a contact at CA that our case was "ready to be returned to GZ" and would be sent on February 24. According to this information, if it is correct, then it is possible that your case is sitting on someone's desk in GZ. In my opinion, CA is the best source of information on the actual status of a case until it is finally entered into the databank in GZ.

Mick,

How do I contact a real person to get the first hand info from CA? thanks.

ST