I submitted my I-130 for Elf to Chengdu on November 15th. We got the P3 on Jan 7th and sent it back to GUZ on Jan 15th. I check the mail every day but no sign of the P4 - Im not worrying cause I know it takes a while but still, it'd be nice to have that puppy in our hands!

Here are the questions -

1) Ive heard the wait from P3 submission to getting the P4 is about 3 months, with the interview a month later. Does this sound right?

2) Is the long wait from P3 to P4 due to a namecheck/background check?

3) Is there an in-country phone number I can call to check on our case? Ive seen numbers for America, and Ive seen numbers for GENERAL questions here in China. Is there a phone number for CASE SPECIFIC questions? I want to ask GUZ if they have the P3 and if they have started the namecheck.

Thanks for your help. Now, Im going to sit down and breathe deeply for a few minutes and try to calm down ... Anybody got a whiskey for me? :lol:

-Alec

I submitted my I-130 for Elf to Chengdu on November 15th. We got the P3 on Jan 7th and sent it back to GUZ on Jan 15th. I check the mail every day but no sign of the P4 - Im not worrying cause I know it takes a while but still, it'd be nice to have that puppy in our hands!

Here are the questions -

1) Ive heard the wait from P3 submission to getting the P4 is about 3 months, with the interview a month later. Does this sound right?

2) Is the long wait from P3 to P4 due to a namecheck/background check?

3) Is there an in-country phone number I can call to check on our case? Ive seen numbers for America, and Ive seen numbers for GENERAL questions here in China. Is there a phone number for CASE SPECIFIC questions? I want to ask GUZ if they have the P3 and if they have started the namecheck.

Thanks for your help. Now, Im going to sit down and breathe deeply for a few minutes and try to calm down ... Anybody got a whiskey for me? :lol:

-Alec

190385[/snapback]

Alec we sent our P3 back the same day as you. I am not concerned yet about not receiving the p4.

From what I have been noticing with the speed up of timelines, P3-P4 has been approx 1 month. And P4 to interview has been approx 2 months. Of course falling into name check hell is always a possibility.

You can call to check on your case from China 4008 872 333, but you need to pay for a pin number 1st. Rather then paying for a Pin and getting the usual canned response, I would get a phone card and call DOS from China.

Alec we sent our P3 back the same day as you.  I am not concerned yet about not receiving the p4.

From what I have been noticing with the speed up of timelines, P3-P4 has been approx 1 month.  And P4 to interview has been approx 2 months.  Of course falling into name check hell is always a possibility.

You can call to check on your case from China 4008 872 333, but you need to pay for a pin number 1st.  Rather then paying for a Pin and getting the usual canned response, I would get a phone card and call DOS from China.

190403[/snapback]

1 month from P3 to P4? Wow thats fast! I just got 2 phone cards today for some unknown reason (I never buy them) ... guess thats God's way of telling me to use em!

So the wait time from P3 submission to P4 is a namecheck? If so, Im not too worried about Elf. She's never been in any trouble, she's young, never married, etc. Her Dad works for the government but so does half the population so that shouldnt be too big a problem.

Are you doing a DCF too?

-Alec

p.s. Can the US DOS call center answer questions about cases in GUZ? If so, do you have their phone number handy?