K2 need another I-693 Medical Examation?

Hi Frank,
I have a question for you. I already got the E-mail. My I-485 appoved without interview. But My daughter K2 Got a letter need send the I- 693,I think K2 don't need a new medical exam.How about your step_daughter? Need another I-693? Hope can hear from you soon. Thanks. smile.gif

Are you sure they're asking for a full medical exam and not the I-693 vaccination supplement?

K-2 children do not need a medical exam IF they received one as part of the visa process AND the exam was less than a year old when you filed the I-485 to adjust status. This is from http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

"...Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

My step daughter received a medical exam in China, and we filed her I-485 within a year of that exam, so we did not have to get another exam for her.

We did, however, have the Civil Surgeon complete the I-693 vaccination supplement which was put into a sealed envelope by the Civil Surgeon and sent with the I-485 application.

Hope this helps.

Are you sure they're asking for a full medical exam and not the I-693 vaccination supplement?

K-2 children do not need a medical exam IF they received one as part of the visa process AND the exam was less than a year old when you filed the I-485 to adjust status.  This is from http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

"...Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

My step daughter received a medical exam in China, and we filed her I-485 within a year of that exam, so we did not have to get another exam for her.

We did, however, have the Civil Surgeon complete the I-693 vaccination supplement which was put into a sealed envelope by the Civil Surgeon and sent with the I-485 application.

Hope this helps.

189109[/snapback]

Thank you very much. I need write a letter to them ask why? Hope they made a mistake.Thanks again.Have a nice day.

Thank you very much. I need write a letter to them ask why? Hope they made a mistake.Thanks again.Have a nice  day.

189112[/snapback]

I might be inclined to try to call first. If you call, you might be prepared to have your daughter available to verify that you can speak on her behalf.

I presume you received an RFE (Request for Evidence). The RFE can be very confusing since it often asks for many things at the same time, and you have to decide which of the things actually applies to your situation. Sometimes talking to a live person helps in understanding what USCIS is really looking for.