What if your SO doesn't speak English?

Guest pushbrk
I was thinking more on the lines of one for himself.  The ones in China are designed specifically for Chinese to English.  As far as how often do you use it?  We used ours extensively in China.  Once she got here it stated to taper off.  Now Im not even sure where it is.

189189[/snapback]

Well that's kind of a bummer that you don't use it anymore, do you feel you have gotten your money's worth from it? I'm just kinda worried about spending 400 bucks on something I'm only going to use on a few trips to China.

189272[/snapback]

Kids these days?? :unsure:

You would be spending the money to enable you to communicate with the woman you hope to spend your life with. You'll use it when you need it and for as long as you need it. You want to put a price on that?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first and only pocket translator was a WorldLingo - bought it used for about $50. The dictionary is limited (about 50,000 words), but it has a nice voice feature so you can listen to the Mandarin pronunciation - a nice way to pass the time on a 17 hour flight to China. Also, it displays the translation both in pinyan and hanzi. I found this feature quite useful when I was shopping in China and got that blank stare when I tried to pronounce the word.

Overall, I think it was a good investment. One of my buddies carries a pocket dictionary with him. Considerably more words in it, and the batteries last forever.:D

I was thinking more on the lines of one for himself.  The ones in China are designed specifically for Chinese to English.  As far as how often do you use it?  We used ours extensively in China.  Once she got here it stated to taper off.  Now Im not even sure where it is.

189189[/snapback]

Well that's kind of a bummer that you don't use it anymore, do you feel you have gotten your money's worth from it? I'm just kinda worried about spending 400 bucks on something I'm only going to use on a few trips to China.

189272[/snapback]

Kids these days?? :)

You would be spending the money to enable you to communicate with the woman you hope to spend your life with. You'll use it when you need it and for as long as you need it. You want to put a price on that?

189483[/snapback]

You bring up a mighty fine point, sir...