AOS-do i need to submit my photos?

I have been reading on some of the many FAQs about the AOS

$hoot this thing is even worse then then K1 forms :D

According to what I have read I need to submit 2 passport photograghs and a copy of my birth certificate .

Since I am an American Citizen ,and they already should have my birth certificate and a copy of my divorce decree why would i need to submit these documents again to them again

I can understand the need for a certified copy of the marriage license ,but the rest of this stuff seems to be what some the people in the FAQ's are making up

The real problem is that OUR Governments eb site doesn't seem to provide a step by step of how to do this

everything is piece meal.

Dan's right... the chinese national is the one who is submitting the petition and thus the package should be understood as applying to them.

The FAQ sample package shows who each item is for/from... but I'll make it more clear concerning who the applicant is...

Q. How do I put together the package for AOS?

A. Sample package:

1. I-485 Fee and Fingerprint/biometric Fee (attached to top of application)

2. Cover Letter (see below link for examples)

3. Completed I-485 and signed by Chinese national (see instruction sheet)

4. Two (2) passport photographs attached to I-485 (Chinese national)

5. Completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, signed by USC and notarized. (see instruction sheet)

6. Copies of three years of tax returns (or tax transcripts) and W2s for I-864 (USC)

7. Copies of Recent Pay stubs or employment letter (USC)

8. Form G-325A signed by Chinese National.

9. Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation (Chinese national)

10. Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (Chinese national)

11. Certified copy of marriage certificate

12. Copy of Petition approval notice, I-797.

13. Copy of I-94, both sides (Chinese national)

14. Vaccination supplement I-693 in a sealed envelope, completed by Civil Surgeon

Dan's right...  the chinese national is the one who is submitting the petition and thus the package should be understood as applying to them.

The FAQ sample package shows who each item is for/from... but I'll make it more clear concerning who the applicant is...

Q. How do I put together the package for AOS?

A. Sample package:

1. I-485 Fee and Fingerprint/biometric Fee (attached to top of application)

2. Cover Letter (see below link for examples)

3. Completed I-485 and signed by Chinese national (see instruction sheet)

4. Two (2) passport photographs attached to I-485 (Chinese national)

5. Completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, signed by USC and notarized. (see instruction sheet)

6. Copies of three years of tax returns (or tax transcripts) and W2s for I-864 (USC)

7. Copies of Recent Pay stubs or employment letter (USC)

8. Form G-325A signed by Chinese National.

9. Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation (Chinese national)

10. Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (Chinese national)

11. Certified copy of marriage certificate

12. Copy of Petition approval notice, I-797.

13. Copy of I-94, both sides (Chinese national)

14. Vaccination supplement I-693 in a sealed envelope, completed by Civil Surgeon

186819[/snapback]

I've noticed the I-130 (petition for alien relative) requests a picture of the husband and one of the wife. Don't think that form is part of our process though.

I noticed your sample list includes the I-693. Since notrevorich's wife (and mine) was a K-1 and had a medical exam for that, does she not need to include the I-693 with her AOS package?

There are other threads related Civil Surgeon and the Medical Supplement. Yes this is needed but you only need get the appointment. The Civil Surgeon prepares the form which they put in a sealed envelope (you never see it). This is sent with your packet for the app. This is for the K-1 AOS.