Did I file for the correct visa?

Guest pushbrk
se...cret... ha ha. happy chinese new year!

186497[/snapback]

Happy Chinese new year to you! now can I ask one more question: Can I notify the NVC as to this situation and ask them to conduct the security check PRIOR to sending my file to GZ? Or do you think it is too much to ask for?.....

186499[/snapback]

Chinese Wife, (Richard) has the situation you refer to. You have done correctly. He did not file the I-130 for the step-child who turned 16 before the interview. They had to start the process over by filing an I-130. You have avoided that problem.

The issue of age 18 is entirely different and does not apply to you.

I don't know the answer to how you make certain the security check is completed in the appropriate time frame if the child turns 16 between the time you file the I-130 and the interview. One would HOPE USCIS picks up on this automatically.

Please do keep us posted on your progress. I'm about 35 days behind you.

186502[/snapback]

I-130 WAS filed Feb. 2005 WELL BEFORE she turned 16. CR-2 went through approval at USCIS and NVC without any major problems and was sent to GZ on 07-08-2005. She was logged into the computer at GZ sometime in Aug prior to the 15th as "Ëligible awaiting interview". About 9-15-2005 I was told by DOS her petition had been "sent back to the US for Administrative review". WTH for??? Several later calls to DOS indicate that as her SIXTEENTH birthday was in early Oct. she had a name check done on 10-12-2005 and the P-4 time is STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN using the OCT. date not when it was originally at GZ in July.

186531[/snapback]

Ooops. Well, the memory IS the second thing to go. :-) Right case, wrong details.

186502[/snapback]

I-130 WAS filed Feb. 2005 WELL BEFORE she turned 16. CR-2 went through approval at USCIS and NVC without any major problems and was sent to GZ on 07-08-2005. She was logged into the computer at GZ sometime in Aug prior to the 15th as "Ëligible awaiting interview". About 9-15-2005 I was told by DOS her petition had been "sent back to the US for Administrative review". WTH for??? Several later calls to DOS indicate that as her SIXTEENTH birthday was in early Oct. she had a name check done on 10-12-2005 and the P-4 time is STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN using the OCT. date not when it was originally at GZ in July.

186531[/snapback]

Isn't that just great??!! another hurdle to worry about..

Guest pushbrk

186502[/snapback]

186531[/snapback]

186557[/snapback]

So, Stacato, when is the 16th birthday of your step-child? I'm thinking that if it is early in the process instead of after NVC complete that you may be in the clear.

186502[/snapback]

186531[/snapback]

186557[/snapback]

So, Stacato, when is the 16th birthday of your step-child? I'm thinking that if it is early in the process instead of after NVC complete that you may be in the clear.

186558[/snapback]

It's in mid August

Guest pushbrk

186502[/snapback]

186531[/snapback]

186557[/snapback]

186558[/snapback]

It's in mid August

186561[/snapback]

That sucks.

186502[/snapback]

I-130 WAS filed Feb. 2005 WELL BEFORE she turned 16. CR-2 went through approval at USCIS and NVC without any major problems and was sent to GZ on  07-08-2005. She was logged into the computer at GZ sometime in Aug prior to the 15th as "Ëligible awaiting interview". About 9-15-2005 I was told by DOS her petition had been "sent back to the US for Administrative review". WTH for??? Several later calls to DOS indicate that as her SIXTEENTH birthday was in early Oct. she had a name check done on 10-12-2005 and the P-4 time is STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN  using the OCT. date not when it was originally at GZ in July.

186531[/snapback]

186557[/snapback]

186558[/snapback]

It's in mid August

186561[/snapback]

That sucks.

186563[/snapback]

Just to line up the quotes again!