aos limbo continued

:) congrats to all of the recent green card recipients.

Took my stepson for his aos interview today. 3 questions for him from the interviewer name, birthday & school name. handed the sealed medical to the interviewer and that was it. Passed with flying colors < 5 minutes. thank goodness that's over, hopefully a 6 year old's security check can get done in a normal amount of time!!

The interviewer seemed to be quite friendly and professional, so after my stepson was done i asked about my wife's case. Her case has been pending security check, she had her interview in august of last year. He told us that her security check was submitted to the fbi in march of last year. He also said that every 6 months with out a reply from the fbi that the uscis may email the fbi to try to expedite the name check. If the fbi responds it is usually between 60-90 days of the email. Due to procedural rules the uscis can not email the fbi again about a particular case for 6 months. Remembering what kim&jake said about the 1 yr time limit and the uscis can resubmit the name check, i asked about this and he said that was not procedure, only the emails every 6 months. So he emailed the fbi why we sat there and we are keeping are fingers crossed.

But as i have found out, it is rare to find a customer service person at the uscis who will go out of thier way to help or send an email, so good luck all. hopefully this has been helpful. if any of you others that are in the same boat hear anything at all please pass it along.

guo nian hao

¹ýÄêºÃ

Xiaowen & Dan

:blink: :P :blink: