Interview envelopes and immunization form

Two questions.

When Jie had the K1 medical done, she was given 3 envelopes.

1) sealed xray envelope

2) The sealed envelope for GUZ

3) Another sealed envelope...I think the Dr said this was for the immunization clinic for her international travel card. We thought perhaps this envelope went to the consulate too. Anyone familiar with this? Is this travel card necessary?

Another question....even though K1 does not require immunizations at this point, we had Jie get her first battery of shots. A few days later, when she finished her medical at Peoples Hospital in Shanghai, she presented the shot info to the Dr, along with the P4 immunization form. The Dr said she didnt need it for K1......and he did refused to complete the immunization form.

I am concerned because it was a P4 form. Is it ok to not have the immunization form filled out and presented to GUZ?

Two questions.

1) sealed xray envelope

3) Another sealed envelope...I think the Dr said this was for the immunization clinic for her international travel card. We thought perhaps this envelope went to the consulate too. Anyone familiar with this? Is this travel card necessary?

Another question....even though K1 does not require immunizations at this point, we had Jie get her first battery of shots. A few days later, when she finished her medical at Peoples Hospital in Shanghai, she presented the shot info to the Dr, along with the P4 immunization form.?The Dr said she didnt need it for K1......and he did refused to complete the immunization form.

I am concerned because it was a P4 form. Is it ok to not have the immunization form filled out and presented to GUZ?

185406[/snapback]

The third sealed envelop goes back to the immunization clinic for her health certification for international travel. This certification hasn't been proved to be useful in the past for me, but I guess, better to have it than not. Tell Jie when she goes back to the clinic for that certificate, they also want a chinese standard passport size photo. They will charge a little RMB less than 20 maybe, I don't remember. They also want to see her passport with the K1 visa.

Officials always advice that the X-ray film should accompany us to GUZ interview and then at the entry to US. This has cause me some trouble traveling, because it is a big size film, and I have to keep it in my carry-on bag when I travel to US. However, nobody was interested in seeing the film.

I didn't do K1, so I will let others answer your last question about immunization form. My understanding is that this particular page is not needed for Jie. It is only a worksheet for the health check result.

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)
Two questions.

1) sealed xray envelope

Another question....even though K1 does not require immunizations at this point, we had Jie get her first battery of shots. A few days later, when she finished her medical at Peoples Hospital in Shanghai, she presented the shot info to the Dr, along with the P4 immunization form.?The Dr said she didnt need it for K1......and he did refused to complete the immunization form.

185406[/snapback]

The third sealed envelop goes back to the immunization clinic for her health certification for international travel. This certification hasn't been proved to be useful in the past for me, but I guess, better to have it than not. Tell Jie when she goes back to the clinic for that certificate, they also want a chinese standard passport size photo. They will charge a little RMB less than 20 maybe, I don't remember. They also want to see her passport with the K1 visa.

Officials always advice that the X-ray film should accompany us to GUZ interview and then at the entry to US. This has cause me some trouble traveling, because it is a big size film, and I have to keep it in my carry-on bag when I travel to US. However, nobody was interested in seeing the film.

I didn't do K1, so I will let others answer your last question about immunization form. My understanding is that this particular page is not needed for Jie. It is only a worksheet for the health check result.

185408[/snapback]

Thanks Joanne, I will pass this along to Jie. Now that you mention it, that sounds familiar about bringing that envelope to the clinic.