Maybe I need to apoligize for the I-864"A" issue here, maybe should have asked Alec his future living arrangements. Assumed he would be living w/parents upon return.

184451[/snapback]

Elf and I will move back to my hometown - Winchester, Virginia. It is my permanent mailing address and my parents address as well. In reality they spend a lot of their time at my grandparents farm in WV but as far as the governemnt is concerned, we will all live together in Winchester. My mom is a psychologist and she works out of the house. My dad is a financial planner (thank God for that...those I-864s are a nightmare) and he works right next door. So yeah, we will be living together for a year or so until we get our own place.

On the I-864A it says for us to be "household members" we have to have lived together for the previous 6 months. It doesnt mention anything about future plans. Thats prety stupid IMO. I have lived here in China for the last year and a half so technically we are not eligible, but when we go back we WILL live together for a year or so. Is there any way we can still qualify as household members?

184465[/snapback]

I am thinking no, you cannot use future, because they are looking for provable history. I know you want to take the easier and simpler route, but the word 'technically' is the operative word here, and my guess is they will go with what is technically correct.

I think the I-864a, thought less desirable, is the proper way to go. If you take the other route and they catch it, that could create other problems along the way, and therefore make it even more undesirable.

Go with what is technically correct, it should really have less problems.

I am thinking no, you cannot use future, because they are looking for provable history. I know you want to take the easier and simpler route, but the word 'technically' is the operative word here, and my guess is they will go with what is technically correct.

I think the I-864a, thought less desirable, is the proper way to go. If you take the other route and they catch it, that could create other problems along the way, and therefore make it even more undesirable.

184469[/snapback]

Youre right. Its tempting to take the easy way but if i get caught ... *shudder* My dad always said "if your gonna do something, do it right." I guess this is one of those times.

I cant use the I-864A because thats for household members only. Since I am not a household member anymore, me and my parents will have to file seperate I-864s and be "joint sponsors."

Man, how messed up is that? The Government can now define who is a member of my own household... :blink:

184469[/snapback]

Youre right. Its tempting to take the easy way but if i get caught ... *shudder* My dad always said "if your gonna do something, do it right." I guess this is one of those times.

I cant use the I-864A because thats for household members only. Since I am not a household member anymore, me and my parents will have to file seperate I-864s and be "joint sponsors."

Man, how messed up is that? The Government can now define who is a member of my own household... :blink:

184474[/snapback]

Yes, the govt has a way of neatly labeling us and putting us into little boxes !

Glad you found some help here Alec, good luck to you guys and welcome to CFL! Stick around....you'll need us and we'll need you.

By the way, check out the FAQ section and the searches, you should get a wealth of information already posted !

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

184120[/snapback]

The # they gave you is for the consulates 'visa call center', and they have a computer database that GUZ feeds every monday. The only info the call center can tell you is 1) P3 sent 2) P3 recieved 3) P4 sent

4) Interview day is: xx/xx/xxxx

They are not the horses mouth, but a proxy for the horses mouth. Perhaps even a horses a$$.

Other than that, it is really useless. Quite honestly, CFL will probably give you some better answers.

184135[/snapback]

That's about the sum of the whole GUZ thing, i.e. whatever one gets from the "horses a$$".

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)