Tourist visa ?

Heres what to tell her.

Tourist visa with intent to marry (your words) = fraud = 10yr bar from entering the United States

184000[/snapback]

Would you mind telling me where you got this information? I find it hard to believe that they would be able to bar an American citizen's spouse for 10 years. Please clarify.

Guest pushbrk
Heres what to tell her.

Tourist visa with intent to marry (your words) = fraud = 10yr bar from entering the United States

184000[/snapback]

Would you mind telling me where you got this information? I find it hard to believe that they would be able to bar an American citizen's spouse for 10 years. Please clarify.

191013[/snapback]

I googled "penalty for US visa fraud". Google is your friend.

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/investigat/c10714.htm

Scroll down....

Penalties for Passport and Visa Fraud

Passport and visa fraud are federal felonies. Penalties are:

¡¤ 10 years (for a first offense if not tied to terrorism or drug trafficking)

¡¤ 15 years for fraud with other criminal links

¡¤ 20 years for fraud related to drug trafficking

¡¤ 25 years for fraud related to international terrorism

====================================================

I think generally the non-dangerous people are deported and barred from entry, since we don't want to support them in our prisons.

Heres what to tell her.

184000[/snapback]

To take this a step further, a K1 fiance visa is sort of a 'tourist visa with intent to marry'. Afterall, she has 90 days to 'tour' her SO or whatever and decide to marry him or not. If she doesnt like or love the petitioner, she can return to China.

Same as getting a tourist visa, coming to america, and deciding to marry or not. Just takes longer, but it is the truthful way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Heres what to tell her.

184000[/snapback]

191013[/snapback]

Scroll down....

I think generally the non-dangerous people are deported and barred from entry, since we don't want to support them in our prisons.

191042[/snapback]

I don't want to argue with you here, but the rest of the information on the page seemed to be pointing to smugglers, terrorists, drug runners, and illegal immigrants. True, "misrepresenting the reason for traveling" could of course be used against someone who came to the U.S. to marry, but when its sandwiched between forgery and sale of otherwise legal visas I think you have to assume that the government isn't gunning for young lovers. There are just too many cases of people getting married on tourist visas for it to be so cut and dry.

Heres what to tell her.

184000[/snapback]

191013[/snapback]

Scroll down....

191042[/snapback]

I don't want to argue with you here, but the rest of the information on the page seemed to be pointing to smugglers, terrorists, drug runners, and illegal immigrants. True, "misrepresenting the reason for traveling" could of course be used against someone who came to the U.S. to marry, but when its sandwiched between forgery and sale of otherwise legal visas I think you have to assume that the government isn't gunning for young lovers. There are just too many cases of people getting married on tourist visas for it to be so cut and dry.

194650[/snapback]

It is a matter of acceptable risk. Here in Portland about 10 yrs ago or so there was a German woman who had over stayed her visa and married. Afterward they decided to adjust her status. She was deported and banned for 10 years and had to leave her infant daughter behind.

Chances are you would get away with it but it depends on whether or not the interviewing officer at your AOS interview believed she came here legitimately on a tourist visa and her intent was not originally to marry. Are you willing to take that risk?