Affidavit of Support I-864 Fee

Dude! I'd roll the dice, and whatever number came up would be mine! Pay the $70 . See if you get the actuall I864. You are in unchartered territory. Go for it, things have been speeding up.

Of course, before you do, look around you hard and long. It would be interesting to see what they chose to happen for the next few months though. :lol:

I filed an I-130 (DCF) for my wife in November and we just got our P3 with a DS-230, OF-169 and a Affidavit of Support. This AOS is the SAME THING as the I-864 right? Also, we didnt get a bill of any kind. Did they forget to put it in, or is this something we pay at the interview?

Last question - I am employed here in China teaching English. The income is NOT enough to meet the poverty guidlines. My parents are filing as cosposnors and their income is enough to cover us. I have a job lined up back in Virginia but I cant/wont be hired until after I go back. Therefore, I am unable to give proof of "current employment or self employment." What should I do?

I filed an I-130 (DCF) for my wife in November and we just got our P3 with a DS-230, OF-169 and a Affidavit of Support. This AOS is the SAME THING as the I-864 right? Also, we didnt get a bill of any kind. Did they forget to put it in, or is this something we pay at the interview?

Last question - I am employed here in China teaching English. The income is NOT enough to meet the poverty guidlines. My parents are filing as cosposnors and their income is enough to cover us. I have a job lined up back in Virginia but I cant/wont be hired until after I go back. Therefore, I am unable to give proof of "current employment or self employment." What should I do?

183874[/snapback]

Alex if you filed a DCF you wont need to AOS. You will get a CR-1 visa and her status will be automatically adjusted once she enters the US.

You send the parents I-864 in along with your own I beleve. Someone else who is more up to speed on DCF can help you better.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
I think the first leading question for Gene would be: Is how LONG/convienent is the AOS process living in OKC vs. a return to GUZ for the CR-1.

(In our case/for OUR REASONS we would have returned to GUZ if our K-3 went through first).

I'd ask MANY questions SOON before I sent in the $70.00. If AOS is the way that they go it's wasted money.

I can think of perhaps 20 questions that can come into play here on the AOS vs. CR-1 interview in GUZ puzzle.

183858[/snapback]

What are the 20 questions?

Thank you so much Richard. I will tell you what my thoughts are. Last night I read your post and it showed me the direction I want to go in. I must admit I really thought this immigration process was mostly over once our wives received their visas. I now know how wrong this assumption was on my part. Had I stayed involved with cfl I would have known this.

I have spent a good bit of time and energy on finding ways for Ling and our son to be able to participate in American life once she gets here. David said something to this effect in one of the emails we exchanged, “The Chinese people are not idle people.” I so agree with this. Ling is in Beijing right now, the 19th, receiving an award for the best drama teacher in all of China. Her students are being taped so the performance can be shown on CCTV during the Chinese News Year celebration. I can not understand why this award would be given to a teacher when she is going to get on a plane and leave the country.

My point in bring all this up is only to explain Ling will not be happy very long hanging around our house and working in the garden. She has never even worked in a garden. In your post yesterday you wrote…….My wife got here in July as a CR-1, got her GC and SSN in less than a month. Already has a job and her first driver's lic. She is on my insurances and is eligible for in state tuition……….This is what I want for Ling. This is the direction I am going to go in. These are symbols of participating in life to me.

At this moment I’m not sure how to get to this done exactly. I’m leaning towards Ling returning to Guz for the interview. I just got a chuckle. I can see myself explaining to Ling once she is here, “Ling you need to go back to China.” She hasn’t left yet so it seems absurd.

We are K-3 so today or tomorrow I will send the $70. and get this process started.

There is an AOS office in Oklahoma City so this is not a problem.

John helped me with the local ins and outs of Biometrics once they get here.

I thank each of you. Gene

Gene.. glad you got your mind made up, but sounds like you might of decided a part of both processes !

Recall what richard said earlier:

IF you prefer AOS here I would NOT send NVC the I-864 fee.

183701[/snapback]

This fee is IF you want to go back proceed with the NVC processing of your CR1...

i think you want to NOT pay this fee.. and instead file AOS here in the US.. which means building up the petition , etc...

Gene.. glad you got your mind made up, but sounds like you might of decided a part of both processes !

Recall what richard said earlier:

IF you prefer AOS here I would NOT send NVC the I-864 fee.

183701[/snapback]

This fee is IF you want to go back proceed with the NVC processing of your CR1...

i think you want to NOT pay this fee.. and instead file AOS here in the US.. which means building up the petition , etc...

184405[/snapback]

I yield. I dont know what I want to do yet. This morning I woke up, read the posts and decided to pay the money and go back to Guz. Tonight I dont know enough to make a decision. Ling is going to be here in 2 weeks and I will make a decision on what to do then. I feel like I started all over again.