what is name check?is it background check?

Hi,everyone

Since I am under a name check proccess, so I would like to know better about what it is,and how it is proccessed,and where,who does it,both for K3 and CR1.

Anyone knows about it?thanks.

Tina

183661[/snapback]

There are many posts regarding this, you may want to do a search on 'name check' and 'security check'.

DavidZixuan, I know you have some links to post for this? Thx

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

various checks and administrative processing can occur at a few steps... At the Visa Center, NVC or GUZ.

here's a colletion of links to start you off... A few here have become experts on these delays, against their will...

Name Checks / FBI / Security Clearance

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12275

---

I see [from other posts] you are here on K3 and waiting to see if CR1 interview is worth going to... I'd think that if the K3 namecheck finished in average time, there's no reason why the CR1 wouldn't.. but one never knows...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Just stinkin amazing (almost amusing) how someone can be HERE on a K-3, have a CR-1 at GUZ and STILL AT THE SAME TIME worry about a name check being done at AOS???? :P  :blink:  :blink:

183711[/snapback]

Ok,I tell you the reason why we are worried about the time.

Since we have not filed for AOS, we were told by the Seattle officer that it would take at least one year to proccess it,means to get the GC.

So we wonder if we could get the interview date after few months, it would be better we just wait for it instead of filing for the AOS. But who knows how long it is going to take to get the P4? Our case has been sent to Guz on Dec. 1st,2005, but still not into the system, so who knows?

Do you have better idea?

Tina