3rd Party Correspondence

Guest ShaQuaNew
It would be interesting to be able to judge how much of the third party correspondence is legitimate, and how much is sour grapes from a vengeful aquaintance or a casual misunderstanding by someone.

I don't think we have any feedback on this.

184359[/snapback]

That's just it. It's difficult to determine whether third party involvement has ever been the reason for a visa denial, but there are reasons one can suspect it.

The petitioner has:

1. Been fooling around a lot in China

2. Been recently divorced

3. Is a blabbermouth

4. Has child support issues

5. Is just a bad person

6. A good person, but gets a bad wrap all the time

People do talk when you piss them off. Heck, it's one of the things for which women are noted. The scorned woman scenario? But, at the same time, most people might feel vengeful after being wronged, but they don't and probably never will act upon it. Unless you scratch their car in a parking lot... :blink:

I give GUZ the benefit of the doubt when it comes to adjudicating. Now, that is far from saying that they don't make mistakes and overreact. Thinking so would simply be naive. Mostly however, it seems that those that do their homework, are regular contributors to this site, and have a tendendy to finish things in a complete manner, get approved. There are exceptions, but it's usually a time factor....

Ken, this whole third-party issue leaves me with the impression that someone could derail your visa application by writing a nasty-gram to the folks at GUZ. That is not a healthy state of affairs.

184359[/snapback]

Actually Randy, quite the opposite. We really do not have any suspicions. But, having read some of the blue slip threads, faqs, etc it appears it is better to prepare than to go in blindly assuming all is well.

We have been reviewing all the possibilities so that we are more mentally and emotionally prepared for a blue slip, as well as logistically prepared as to how will we handle the overcome if we do have to sing the 'blues.'

Jie is a naturally a shy, nervous worry bird, but I have her prepared that blue slips occur, are a part of the process, are overcome, and often there is nothing we can do to change it. I want to help her reduce that emotional shock that many are slapped with when they get the blues.

As we prepare, we may have general questions about an issue and hopefully can learn more about it from others experience, as well as express some of our own thoughts. CFL and some luck has helped us through a relatively smooth, and faster-than-expected process.

As the Boy Scouts say......"be prepared"...and to be prepared IS a "healthy state of affairs" ! Ken :ok:

Guest ShaQuaNew
False information or acquesations can only happen if others know that one is involved in a Visa petition. My SO has NOT SAID ONE WORD to any co-worker, neihbor, "friend" or.... Remember: LOOSE LIPS, SINK SHIPS!

184400[/snapback]

When you consider the alternative of being on a ship when some putz has a big mouth and those on the high seas know exactly what you're up to, then, you might well get a torpedo up the keister. While this process is trying of good people, it can make a strong person weak. Keep your information close to the vest, share with others that you trust, but keep close to you.

Also, remember, this is a public forum, anything you write here is available to anyone.

Ken, this whole third-party issue leaves me with the impression that someone could derail your visa application by writing a nasty-gram to the folks at GUZ. That is not a healthy state of affairs.

184359[/snapback]

Actually Randy, quite the opposite. We really do not have any suspicions.

184398[/snapback]

Ken - I meant that the way I understand the GUZ's approach to the high school gossip (I mean TPC) issue, ANYONE's visa application could be derailed by ANY vicious third-party. It's apparently VERY unlikely to happen unless you know someone who might have a reason to do that, but the door is open to them, none the less.

184359[/snapback]

Actually Randy, quite the opposite. We really do not have any suspicions.

184398[/snapback]

Ken - I meant that the way I understand the GUZ's approach to the high school gossip (I mean TPC) issue, ANYONE's visa application could be derailed by ANY vicious third-party. It's apparently VERY unlikely to happen unless you know someone who might have a reason to do that, but the door is open to them, none the less.

184427[/snapback]

Yes, I see what you mean Randy...when I first read it, the word 'you' stood out to me as if you meant me personally, now I see it was a generalization !

And you are right about how they handle it. I guess they have to respond when they get something, I just think there is a better way to handle it. Let the petitioner and applicant know 'before' they go all the way to the interview.

Some of the other posts here are also correct, keep the visa a closely guarded secret.

False information or acquesations can only happen if others know that one is involved in a Visa petition. My SO has NOT SAID ONE WORD to any co-worker, neihbor, "friend" or....   Remember: LOOSE LIPS, SINK SHIPS!

184400[/snapback]

When you consider the alternative of being on a ship when some putz has a big mouth and those on the high seas know exactly what you're up to, then, you might well get a torpedo up the keister. While this process is trying of good people, it can make a strong person weak. Keep your information close to the vest, share with others that you trust, but keep close to you.

184402[/snapback]

Interesting side bar regarding loose lips.... :P

True story: In early WWII, in the Pacific submarine war, American subs were easily evading Japanese depth charges by diving deep. The Japs were setting the charges too shallow, perhaps 100 to 150 feet, while we could safely go 300, 400, even 500 feet. .

A congressman learned of this, and got a bit overzealous and spouted the good news to the American press about how our subs were outsmarting the Japs by diving deep and slipping away.

Soon afterward, the Jap depth charges were dropping deeper and starting to hit their mark.................. :P

Just a thought for those of you concerned with 3rd party issues. When I first joined this website I had posted a picture of my SO and her Chinese name. When I told her about this she asked me to change the picture to something that would not show her face. She also suggested that I use her Western name rather than her Chinese name. She explained that her current employer may not be happy knowing that she may be planning to leave her current job. The availablity of the internet is growing in China. Anyone that might want to cause trouble could easliy access this website and look for people that they know and cause problems for them. I have removed her picture and changed her name till we get her Visa. Good Luck All of you coming up for interviews

Van

I've avoided this topic for long enough.

The odds of being monkey slapped with TPC is very small. However, it is possible if a personal enemy, jealous friend or whoever wants to cause mischief. GUZ needs to investigate if they do receive TPC. Remember, their objective view may be very different than yours - and their's is the one that counts.

It is prudent to maintain an annonymous profile on Candle or any other site. It is also prudent to keep any plans close to the vest. After all, even family members could have a reason to cause problems.

I don't want members to be paranoid. Nor do I want members to needlessly expose themselves without fair warning of possible consequences - no matter how small.

Use common sense.

184461[/snapback]

Common Sense. Very good. What a concept given we are dealing with 2 different governments and people thrown in on top. Thank you Don. It just made me laugh and I needed that. Profile amended.

Edited by artmill4 (see edit history)