GUZ K-3 P3 contents include what?

What is my part of the K3 P3? I know there are some things I am going to need to provide to her, but VJ is light on the subject too, if I am to understand that K1 and K3 P3's differ as do other consulates...

What should I send my wife? I know there are some real recent K3/P3 folks out there.

Thanks in advance!!!

.Near the bottom of this page:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

I found a K3 P3 packet, but it is from '02 / '03

Is it still accurate? If so, it seems there isn't much for me to do for the P3, that it is ultimately filled out by my wife.

I guess I should mail her the 129F NOA's and paperwork, so that she has everything, and we can verify it all matches up well...

Is it accurate that the 864 stuff comes later, and is handled outside of the P3 and P4 process?

It's funny!

Your post reminded me of Richard Sun's K3 site which I lost. I have refered people to his website in the past. I did a search here to find it to add back to my favorites and to post it in your thread but you beat me to it!...lol.

Although a bit old, the K3 info is still the same, plus, it's full of other good information as well. I refered to it many times in the past.

As far as the I-864, that won't be needed until you either file the I-485 AOS or continue with the IV process. It is not needed for the K3 interview.

It is stated somewhere that even the I-134 isn't required for the K3 interview but it is best to have one just in case the VO asks for it.

Check out the FAQs...

K3 returns OF-169 and DS-230 part I... 

There's nothing for you to give her, unless your filling out the form and sending to her to sign and send to GUZ...

You need to collect stuff prior to the medical.. see the P4 FAQ...

182759[/snapback]

prior to the medical? Or just prior to her interview?

I thought I said to look in the FAQ :)

Q.1.17 What should be brought to the medical exam?

A.1.17.1

Each person who is examined must bring a passport and four (4) photographs of themselves to give to the examining physician.

A.1.17.2

My fianc~{(&~}e had to have this letter [P4 Appointment letter] at her medical because they asked to see it, and the guard asked for it as well standing in line at the consulate the day of the interview.. Here was the wording on the letter: ~{!0~} This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.~{!1~}

A.1.17.3

Some ladies forgot their passport and appointment letter and had to go back to the hotel and get them.

You will need the marriage certificate~{!-~}

A.1.17.4

Consulate Guangzhou webpage:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171, Appointment Letter for Immigrant Visa Applicants (K3/K4 applicants please refer to "Letter to K3/K4 Applicants"; V applicants please refer to "Letter to V Applicants"), with you to the designated clinic or hospital. The staff there will help to put these materials in order, and then return them to you in a sealed envelope which is to be opened only by the Consulate staff at the time of interview. If it appears opened prior to the interview, you risk getting a denial by the VO. Your signature will be required to indicate your participation in the process.

A.1.17.5

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy if they will accept it)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

b. DS-156K in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (no signature needed; no signature block)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (sign)

f. Medical docs from P4 (Instructions and worksheet)

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry (K1: do not sign; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

6) DS-230, Part II (CR1 only)

7) If any shot records on hand, bring (CR1/CR2)

8) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

---

If it's not in this list above, then it's for the interview (ie: financials)

Next stop is the kitchen sink!

What to take to the interview, kitchen sink approach

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11500

I thought I said to look in the FAQ :o

Q.1.17 What should be brought to the medical exam?

A.1.17.1

Each person who is examined must bring a passport and four (4) photographs of themselves to give to the examining physician.

A.1.17.2

My fianc~{(&~}e had to have this letter [P4 Appointment letter] at her medical because they asked to see it, and the guard asked for it as well standing in line at the consulate the day of the interview.. Here was the wording on the letter: ~{!0~} This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.~{!1~}

A.1.17.3

Some ladies forgot their passport and appointment letter and had to go back to the hotel and get them.

You will need the marriage certificate~{!-~}

A.1.17.4

Consulate Guangzhou webpage:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171, Appointment Letter for Immigrant Visa Applicants (K3/K4 applicants please refer to "Letter to K3/K4 Applicants"; V applicants please refer to "Letter to V Applicants"), with you to the designated clinic or hospital. The staff there will help to put these materials in order, and then return them to you in a sealed envelope which is to be opened only by the Consulate staff at the time of interview.  If it appears opened prior to the interview, you risk getting a denial by the VO.  Your signature will be required to indicate your participation in the process.

A.1.17.5

K1, K3:

1) Four (4) passport pictures (print name on back)

2) Beneficiary Passport

3) P4 Appointment letter (make copies; give them a copy if they will accept it)

4) P3 collected docs from OF-167 (divorce, police, marriage, police certificates, etc -- make copies)

5) P4 (K1 list) (make copies)

a. DS-156 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ;  (sign); attached (2) passport photos of beneficiary to each (total of 4 pics)

b. DS-156K in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

c. DS-157 in duplicate: 2 in English ; 2 in Chinese ; (no signature needed; no signature block)

d. GNI-2 , Supplemental Form (do not sign ; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

e. GIV-24 , Family Composition Sheet (sign)

f. Medical docs from P4 (Instructions and worksheet)

g. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry (K1: do not sign; beneficiary will sign at consulate)

6) DS-230, Part II (CR1 only)

7) If any shot records on hand, bring (CR1/CR2)

8) Have blank forms for P4 docs (in case something is wrong)

---

If it's not in this list above, then it's for the interview (ie: financials)

Next stop is the kitchen sink!

What to take to the interview, kitchen sink approach

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11500

182765[/snapback]

David I have another stupid question. :o

In that list I see she must have the "intent to marry" statement along with everything else before she goes to medical. Is that her "Intent to marry", or the one I also will be bringing her when I go to China for her interview. :)

In that list I see she must have the "intent to marry" statement along with everything else before she goes to medical.  Is that her "Intent to marry", or the one I also will be bringing her when I go to China for her interview. :bangin:

182776[/snapback]

I'd prefer you ask than not know... and if something in the FAQ is unclear, I want to change it...

BENEFICIARY:

The "Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry" is a P4 document that K1s BENEFICIARY gets and is for them. It is put in with the medical exam (only fill in her name and leave unsigned)... at the interview she will sign it in front of a VO.

PETITIONER:

The petitioner can bring an updated "Intent to Marry" (new date and signature), simply the same as done for the I-129F petition... I am feeling that I previously have pushed this particularly document too much and feel that time has shown really no need for it... but I guess I'll it as part of the kitchen sink...