Finger Print (Biometrics) Notice

After several months of waiting we finally received our finger print notification on the 11th. Date of appointment - 12/19/06. Talk about a short notice. The notice was printed on 12/29/05, postage stamped 01/04/06.

So little notification for travel. Employer requires 30 day notice. No word yet from employer as to my request for time off - but must go anyway.

No good deals on airplane tickets on short notice here.

Have to travel from Fairbanks, Alaska to Anchorage, Alaska, 365 miles.

Travel costs $581 on Wednesday, not sure today, due to volcanoe 100 miles from Anchorage, making most traffic stopped to Anchorage and diverted to Fairbanks.

Will have to drive and this time of year through the mountain passes it can be dangerous. Snow storms come up unexpectantly and tonight they say it will be -30 to -35. It is -21 right now.

Yeah, be safe!

Make sure they get the fingerprints. That will be the ten-print and the photo. Also the right forefinger and a photo for EAD if you applied for one. Maybe not an extra photo but it doesn't hurt to ask. Just make sure for your own satisfaction that they got everything they needed!

And one other thing.

If you have a CIS online case portfolio, mention that to them and ask will it be updated after the biometrics. Doesn't hurt to ask questions. Afterall, you're paying for it!......... :rolleyes:

-good luck

My wifes notice was for an appointment on 9-30-05, 4 days after we had left for China. The notice also said that she had to have the biometrics completed not later than 12-9-05, otherwise they would consider the application abandoned.

You should contact the USCIS and ask if they will give you an extension to complete the biometrics due to the weather conditions. If so, I'd try and get the extension in writing.

Nine day notice?! You're lucky.

We got ours yesterday for this Tuesday. Do we have a choice? No, as we got the same nasty threat in the notice as well if we don't show. So its $300 for air tickets and oh so very lucky to find a hotel. (Because its just too far to do in time, and my SO is going to school and we have a life). Another letter will be going out from me on this issue as to the complete waste of taxpayer money this procedure is. They already have the biometrics, and they could simply do them again at the interview.

I will say, if they skip the interview, it will make me look a little silly complaining, however, there is no reason for this short notice.

Edited by nooneufo (see edit history)

Fingerprinting went great. Great bunch of people except for the security guards at the door. Not happy people.

Came early, filled out the 1 page form and immediatly finger printed.

10 minutes max. No idea on when it would be at USCIS, except they would do it the same day or the next day.

Weather was great in Anchorage. +10.

Coming back we hit one low spot of -49, once back in Fairbanks a balmy -38.

Had the flu the whole time I was in Anchorage and the way back, so not much fun.

The volcano was inactive while in Anchorage.

Fingerprinting went great. Great bunch of people except for the security guards at the door. Not happy people.

Came early, filled out the 1 page form and immediatly finger printed.

10 minutes max. No idea on when it would be at USCIS, except they would do it the same day or the next day.

Weather was great in Anchorage. +10.

Coming back we hit one low spot of -49, once back in Fairbanks a balmy -38.

Had the flu the whole time I was in Anchorage and the way back, so not much fun.

The volcano was inactive while in Anchorage.

184791[/snapback]

Some guys get all the fun!!!! :P :lol: :lol:

It took about a week for our biometrics to show up on line.

Good luck!