Non-Marriage Certificate

The OF-169 checklist says we need a non-marriage certificate with one year validity, which I understood previously. Question I have is how close to one year is acceptable?... My SO had a non-marriage certificate prepared when she was getting the doc's together for the I-129F submission. The single certificate is dated July 25, 2005. I'm outlooking her interview to be somewhere in the April timeframe, May at the latest, so we will be within the year unless something really bad happens. They say a year validity, but do they want to see them less than 6 months? I'm wondering if we should have it redone when I'm over there or just go with the one she already has.

Thanks much, Jim

That's a decision entirely up to you two, Jim.

I won't give my thoughts on it either way because that's all it would be; my thoughts.

I will add however; Do what makes you feel comfortable.

-good luck

182194[/snapback]

I'm thinking since the P3 instructions say one year validity, they should accept what we have if it is within their stated requirement, but I know sometimes that is not how things work, so I'm looking for feedback from others that may have have experience with this, good or bad, to help me decide. Thanks Ty.

Sorry to muddy these waters. The Nanning lady in the room across from us in the hotel was given a denial for a single certificate that was 1 day more than 6 months old.

Really. Somebody here confirmed that she told about this on 001. But, what the heck. We were there. We talked to her. My SO saw the paperwork.

Best practice it to have very 'fresh' documents. Don't go about getting the police and single cert until P-4 arrives. That will give plenty of time and the docs will be very 'fresh'.

182421[/snapback]

Don, my SO got her single certs and police cert back in Sept. Our interview is Feb 7, less than 5 months. We spent 1500 rmb for these and some other copies and translations.

Should we feel safe with this time?