G-325A Question

I have read many times that I am to send in one I-129F form and 4 of the G-325A forms. When I received my K-1 Fiance(e) Visa infomation and application manual, there were only two 325's in the manual. Am I missing something here? Also, which one do I (the U.S. citizen) complete? They are slightly different at the bottom. One states: "(1) Ident." the other, "(2) Rec. BR." I am a bit perplexed. I have looked at the sample forms from Visa Journey and It shows four pages. However, my booklet only has two. ???

Edited by bleowheels (see edit history)
I have read many times that I am to send in one I-129F form and 4 of the G-325A forms.  When I received my K-1 Fiance(e) Visa infomation and application manual, there were only two 325's in the manual.  Am I missing something here?  Also, which one do I (the U.S. citizen) complete? They are slightly different at the bottom. One states:  "(1) Ident." the other,  "(2) Rec. BR."  I am a bit perplexed. I have looked at the sample forms from Visa Journey and It shows four pages. However, my booklet only has two. ???

182109[/snapback]

Yes, there is supposed to be 4 pieces in the G-325A:

1) Ident.

2) Rec. Br.

3) C.

4. Consul

You fill out one set of 4 for yourself, and one set of 4 for your fiance.

The original G-325A comes as a carbon copy, so you just write one time,

and it imprints the other three.

I didn't use the imprint copy. I used the PDF copy, which automatically

fills in the other 3 sheets based on what you put in the first sheet.

Very handy, as I only had to fill it out once.

Sorry, I really forgot where I downlowed the PDF from. Perhaps someone else here knows. I found it by accident before.

I have read many times that I am to send in one I-129F form and 4 of the G-325A forms.  When I received my K-1 Fiance(e) Visa infomation and application manual, there were only two 325's in the manual.  Am I missing something here?  Also, which one do I (the U.S. citizen) complete? They are slightly different at the bottom. One states:  "(1) Ident." the other,  "(2) Rec. BR."  I am a bit perplexed.   I have looked at the sample forms from Visa Journey and It shows four pages. However, my booklet only has two. ???

182109[/snapback]

1) Ident.

2) Rec. Br.

3) C.

4. Consul

Sorry, I really forgot where I downlowed the PDF from. Perhaps someone else here knows. I found it by accident before.

182116[/snapback]

Thank you very much for the information. I ordered and received a hardcopy manual from usimmigrationsupport.org with forms. As I check that website again it states "An independent organization". I guess I just learned a valuable lesson.

Guest pushbrk
Did you happen pay for the K1 Visa manual and forms as a package?

If yes, you may want to send them back, and request a refund.

You can get those forms for free on the USCIS.gov website.

182117[/snapback]

Thanks again. I will get all of my forms from there from now on.

182122[/snapback]

I was a lot happier using the fillable forms at http://www.visapro.com/

Just look for the "download forms" down the right side of the page. What makes it nice is that for the G-325a you fill the form in one time and the other three copies are populated with the same information. Also, if you make a mistake before you print, you don't have to start hand printing again etc.

Go ahead and print extra copies of the completed forms while you're at it.

182117[/snapback]

182122[/snapback]

Just look for the "download forms" down the right side of the page. What makes it nice is that for the G-325a you fill the form in one time and the other three copies are populated with the same information. Also, if you make a mistake before you print, you don't have to start hand printing again etc.

182124[/snapback]

I will take a look overthere right now. Thank you. I can't stress enough how helpful you all are.

I have read many times that I am to send in one I-129F form and 4 of the G-325A forms.  When I received my K-1 Fiance(e) Visa infomation and application manual, there were only two 325's in the manual.  Am I missing something here?  Also, which one do I (the U.S. citizen) complete? They are slightly different at the bottom. One states:  "(1) Ident." the other,  "(2) Rec. BR."  I am a bit perplexed.   I have looked at the sample forms from Visa Journey and It shows four pages. However, my booklet only has two. ???

182109[/snapback]

1) Ident.

2) Rec. Br.

3) C.

4. Consul

182116[/snapback]

Ditto on this, I sent 4 and 4 for each of us. I dont think each copy was labeled like this

1) Ident.

2) Rec. Br.

3) C.

4. Consul

I think they just needed 4 of each, and we had no problems. Ken

182117[/snapback]

182122[/snapback]

182124[/snapback]

Yep, the G-325A form-fill-it on visapro is the way to go.

Guest ShaQuaNew
When I received my K-1 Fiance(e) Visa infomation and application manual, there were only two 325's in the manual.  Am I missing something here? 

182109[/snapback]

The G-325A comes in four-plicate. :cheering: Quadruplicate? Two-times two-plicate?

Four copies of the same thing..... :D

I have read many times that I am to send in one I-129F form and 4 of the G-325A forms.  When I received my K-1 Fiance(e) Visa infomation and application manual, there were only two 325's in the manual.  Am I missing something here?  Also, which one do I (the U.S. citizen) complete? They are slightly different at the bottom. One states:  "(1) Ident." the other,  "(2) Rec. BR."  I am a bit perplexed. I have looked at the sample forms from Visa Journey and It shows four pages. However, my booklet only has two. ???

182109[/snapback]

I just finished that process so some pointers:

1. careful that whichever forms you download that they are up-to-date--some sites have out of date forms--should say on the top of the form until when they are accepted--you can get the most up to date at the uscis.gov site.

2. If you are planning to print them out in China remember the size of the paper is slightly different over there....I don't know if this is a problem or not, but something to be aware of--you can print on oversized paper in china and cut them down..

3. It was suggested in previous threads that never leave any box blank on the forms a "none" or a "n/a" might be a good thing to put in any box on the form that has no information--this is what I did.

4. It might be a good idea to have your SO sign many duplicate copies so that if any mistakes happen between when you leave China and send it you don't have to DHL to China and back.

5. passport photos-- make sure the photographs are not blue background, also get the exact size requirements met--a hassle to get redone if you both are not in the same country--make sure they are unretouched--even the background.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I just finished that process so some pointers:

1.  careful that whichever forms you download that they are up-to-date--some sites have out of date forms--should say on the top of the form until when they are accepted--you can get the most up to date at the uscis.gov site.

Actually, the acceptable versions are listed at the USCIS website rather than on the form itself, e.g., for the G325A, 5/31/05. Prior versions acceptable only through 12/31/05. Many find the fillable forms that can be completed using Adobe Acrobat the easiest to use.

2.  If you are planning to print them out in China remember the size of the paper is slightly different over there....I don't know if this is a problem or not, but something to be aware of--you can print on oversized paper in china and cut them down.

China uses A4 paper. If you do print in China, make sure the settings are for 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper, and that you've loaded the tray with it.

3.  It was suggested in previous threads that never leave any box blank on the forms a "none" or a "n/a" might be a good thing to put in any box on the form that has no information--this is what I did.

Very important. Never leave a space blank, rather enter "None" or "N/A" as applicable.

4.  It might be a good idea to have your SO sign many duplicate copies so that if any mistakes happen between when you leave China and send it you don't have to DHL to China and back.

Making the best use of time while you're there is a good idea. Good thought....

5.  passport photos-- make sure the photographs are not blue background, also get the exact size requirements met--a hassle to get redone if you both are not in the same country--make sure they are unretouched--even the background.

At least one passport-type photo is required. Write the full name on the back. Put it n a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/setup/setup_873.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/com...sition_874.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/qua...uality_879.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/dig...igital_880.html

Actually... you only need to send in one page [for each person] of the G-325a because they throw the other three away... (My petition only had one page sent in)... 

I've only seen one other person comment on this--Don...  but I would say that 99.9% send in all four pages since everyone else is...

182209[/snapback]

Thanks everyone! I will make a note of all of this.

Actually... you only need to send in one page [for each person] of the G-325a because they throw the other three away... (My petition only had one page sent in)...?

I've only seen one other person comment on this--Don...?but I would say that 99.9% send in all four pages since everyone else is...

182209[/snapback]

Thanks everyone! I will make a note of all of this.

182264[/snapback]

...but as soon as someone sends in only ONE copy of the G-325A is when they are setting themselves up for an RFE. David, you must've been an exception to the rule. The instructions say to fill the form out in quadruplicate. I wouldn't stray from the instructions, besides using the layout on visapro to fill out the form makes it a cinch!.......... :D