Waiting for GUZ

According to NVC , the petition for K-3 was mailed to Guz Dec 16. It is Jan 12, and when I called DOS they say there is no entry for our case. I was not given an explanation. I think the wisest course is to just be patient, but is there a point to where I should wonder if our case has been lost or something?

Is there a cure for the cheetos addiction? I actually get the sudden compulsion to run to the store and get a bag, Meijer had them 2 for 1. /drool.

Guest pushbrk
According to NVC , the petition for K-3 was mailed to Guz Dec 16. It is Jan 12, and when I called DOS they say there is no entry for our case. I was not given an explanation. I think the wisest course is to just be patient, but is there a point to where I should wonder if our case has been lost or something?

Is there a cure for the cheetos addiction? I actually get the sudden compulsion to run to the store and get a bag, Meijer had them 2 for 1. /drool.

182042[/snapback]

I'm not sure I follow your timeline. Yes, if you have actual confirmation GUZ received your case in the Consulate rather than that the package arrived in Guangzhou then it might be about time to get some confirmation it's been entered into the computer.

Otherwise, I would expect the package hasn't even cleared customs yet.

What do you know for sure?

I can tell you that some of the shipments in my shipping 'range' (3 of 7, from 12/28-1/9), have been delivered by STAMP already (a 1/5 one was delivered today). But know this... Others are still sitting there at customs. I just depends on what all went with that shipment! There are DHL shipments from NVC still in customs from 12/1. It seems totally random.

Also, give GUZ a couple weeks to enter it into the computer and mail the P3. It seems by most timelines the GUZ takes 2-4 weeks to mail the P3. Holidays may well have backed that up, and the big holiday is coming... Call DOS once a week and keep tabs, but that's about all you can do. I know I will be calling on Monday to see what's what.

Good luck!

182042[/snapback]

All I do know, NVC confirmed the shipment, DHL confirmed delivery. As far as I know, GUZ is a black hole? Is that about right?

182042[/snapback]

All I do know, NVC confirmed the shipment, DHL confirmed delivery. As far as I know, GUZ is a black hole? Is that about right?

182048[/snapback]

I read before, that once NVC mails the package to Guz, that it can warehose for 30 ish days before its even looked at. That is why I am leaning on being patient. On the other hand, my wife saw that our package was very light, and something was said about faster processing. Oh well, gimme more cheetos please.

Guest pushbrk

182042[/snapback]

182048[/snapback]

I read before, that once NVC mails the package to Guz, that it can warehose for 30 ish days before its even looked at. That is why I am leaning on being patient. On the other hand, my wife saw that our package was very light, and something was said about faster processing. Oh well, gimme more cheetos please.

182051[/snapback]

The package tracking isn't completely reliable because you never can know for certain just which package your case is in. Let's hope you tracked the right one.

You could start calling the DOS phone number. They'll have the most up to date information when your case is actually entered in the GUZ computer.