aos security limbo

happy New Year to all, wishing everyone the best! :D

Just curious, my wife has been in this aos security check limbo now for about 6 months. she had her interview in August, so far we have filed 4 inquiries with the uscis 1-800 no help line, a couple of infopass appts. & contacted our senator's office. After all of this we finally recieved a letter from immigration this past december. This letter states the obvious, we are in a security check and contact them again in 9-12 months if we have not recieved the green card.

questions:

1. Has any of the other folks out there in the same situation, recieved a similar letter?

2. Is there anybody out there that has been in this extended security check that has been approved? how long did it take you?

3. Has anyone who has been in this situation, hire an attorney? did it help?

4. Since we are in this limbo, does anyone know if my wife may recieve some sort of frequent business travel pass (other than multiple i-131's)?

My wife has the opportunity to continue to consult for her former employer a few times a year, in 1 month visits.

This immigration process is such a money racket, so far we have paid for 2 i-131's, i-485, 2 i-765's, and recieved very little respect, professional service or results from our hardworking government employees.

thanks Xiaowen & Dan

Well, we also scheduled infopass appts, contacted senators, called once a month for about 9 months now, and we have never received a letter from immigration. We did receive one from one of our senators telling us that same information though.

I did talk to an immigration attny. and he told me that if the security/background check has been pending for more than one year, the USCIS if required to RE-START the check. when we went to the local office for our info pass appt, i asked the IO about this, without telling her that i had spoken to an attny. i just asked if there was anything we could do, or if the BG check could be resubmitted, and she told me "NO!", just wait and wait and wait, and keep calling once a month to report that we have not received anything and that the case is outside of processing time.....so then i said, "well, i spoke to an immigration attny, and he told me we could file a case against them if the BG check was out for more than one year. She tried to tell me that the BG check hadn't necessarily been out for one year though, so i asked her to check that for me....we filed in April 04, our interview was feb. 05 and we were at that particular appt. in Aug 05...i was sure the BG check had to have been out for more than one year....so she checked, and wouldn't give me a starting date, but did confirm that it was out for more than one year, with no response....so i asked her how we could get it restarted...she said she would leave a note for the clerk to restart it....well as of Nov. 05, when we contacted our sentors, the BG checked HAD NOT been restarted yet...i guess the lady just told me that to make me happy, tell me what i wanted to hear....

(we did not, however, hire an Immigration attny, his fees were out of this world for this stage in the game....)

i would also like to know if anyone that had an extended security check has been approved.....i would like to think i could sign in again soon and be able to answer that from our own experience, but i just dont' see that happening anytime soon....this is MOST frustrating!!!

i know nothing about the traveling pass or anything....but i do know it is for sure a MONEY RACKET!!! the longer they leave you hanging out there in the black hole of BG checks, the more money they make off of you renewing work permits, AP, etc!!!

Edited by kimnjake (see edit history)
Ours took 20 months.

11/2003-07/2005  :hug:

180837[/snapback]

so the end finally came!!! and when were y'all married? were y'all married for two years by the time the green card finally came in 7/05??? if so, was it a 2 yr temp. or ten yr card?

180918[/snapback]

Kim,

Go to where you filed for your AOS and DEMAND to speak with the supervisor. Also bring a copy of the papers you filed to show him/her. A friend of mine filed for AOS for his wife and didn't hear anything for a year. Finally he went and demanded to speak to the supervisor. The workers there kept telling him the man was too busy to talk to him, but he insisted on talking to him even if he only has one minute and even if he has to wait for him all day. Finally, they went to get the supervisor, who promised to check into his case. A week later he received a call from the supervisor asking him to come in with his wife for the greencard. What happened to his file? It was laying under a pile of papers on one of the workers' desk who did not bother to look at it.

I recommend you take one day and go there with your husband AND kid if you have one. Let the baby cry! Be persistent and patient but not mad. You will get it!

We know another couple whose wife has been waiting for over two years for the greencard. The husband is just too darn lazy to take some time to talk to anybody or do anything. The guy is a doctor and makes tons of money, at least get an attorney if he doesn't want to do it himself. They have a two yrs old kid and the wife has been wanting to go back to China, but can't.

I hope you will talk to them in person.

Ours took 20 months.

11/2003-07/2005?:huh:

180837[/snapback]

so the end finally came!!! and when were y'all married? were y'all married for two years by the time the green card finally came in 7/05??? if so, was it a 2 yr temp. or ten yr card?

180918[/snapback]

We married early November 2002.

32 months married when we had the AOS appointment.

It was the 10 yr. GC my wife got.