Married People

BTW, I know that the name change process in China is up to the PSB. They issue the official ID cards and they decide what is and isn't legal. My wife had her daughters name officially changed when the daughter went to middle school because the teachers did not like the original name. Apparently, it was too masculine.

BTW, I know that the name change process in China is up to the PSB.  They issue the official ID cards and they decide what is and isn't legal.  My wife had her daughters name officially changed when the daughter went to middle school because the teachers did not like the original name.  Apparently, it was too masculine.

Excuse me?? Sounds like the teachers ran the show there? Or was it your wife deciding her daughter would be more comfortable with the teachers with a new name? Tell me it's the latter. I'm sure it is ;)

BTW, I know that the name change process in China is up to the PSB.  They issue the official ID cards and they decide what is and isn't legal.  My wife had her daughters name officially changed when the daughter went to middle school because the teachers did not like the original name.  Apparently, it was too masculine.

Excuse me?? Sounds like the teachers ran the show there? Or was it your wife deciding her daughter would be more comfortable with the teachers with a new name? Tell me it's the latter. I'm sure it is :D

Are you still here? I thought you got cleared although I don't know why they would clear a Frenchman!!!! Go so I can catch up on blue thingys! ;) :angry: :angry:

BTW, I know that the name change process in China is up to the PSB.  They issue the official ID cards and they decide what is and isn't legal.  My wife had her daughters name officially changed when the daughter went to middle school because the teachers did not like the original name.  Apparently, it was too masculine.

Excuse me?? Sounds like the teachers ran the show there? Or was it your wife deciding her daughter would be more comfortable with the teachers with a new name? Tell me it's the latter. I'm sure it is ;)

Are you still here? I thought you got cleared although I don't know why they would clear a Frenchman!!!! Go so I can catch up on blue thingys! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm still here.... Yes, we cleared.. No, you won't catch up.. Live with it pal.

:lol: I'm here to stay... Actually, when Yuhui is here,,,, we're planning to hit the 3000 posts / 25 thinggies mark by May ...Helping Newbies through the process and just having a good time with great friends here ;)

That'll teach you to go away even for a few days :-)

Well, ahem they cleared the frenchman, cuz it happened before Bush got mad at Chirac.... Then again.. shhhhhhhhh.. Let me get my letter first OK?

:angry:  I'm here to stay... Actually, when Yuhui is here,,,, we're planning to hit the 3000 posts / 25 thinggies mark by May ...Helping Newbies through the process and just having a good time with great friends here  ;)

Well, ahem they cleared the frenchman, cuz it happened before Bush got mad at Chirac.... Then again.. shhhhhhhhh.. Let me get my letter first OK?

Once she is here, she said"Eric, you love candle more than me." Then she cries and then you will have to spend more time with her. :angry: :lol: :angry:

:angry:  I'm here to stay... Actually, when Yuhui is here,,,, we're planning to hit the 3000 posts / 25 thinggies mark by May ...Helping Newbies through the process and just having a good time with great friends here  ;)

Once she is here, she said"Eric, you love candle more than me." Then she cries and then you will have to spend more time with her. :angry: :D :angry:

Then, I can catch up!!!!! :lol: ;) ;)

Excuse me?? Sounds like the teachers ran the show there? Or was it your wife deciding her daughter would be more comfortable with the teachers with a new name? Tell me it's the latter. I'm sure it is :unsure:

Sounded odd to me too, but the wife says that the teachers insisted on calling her by the name she uses now and she was getting into trouble for not responding. She was from a broken home, her father having abandoned her and her mother because her mother had the audacity to have a girl instead of a boy and meant that she got picked on alot growing up.

hi all! im so glad to hear so many people have been receiving good news lately.  my husband received his visa yesterday (finally!) and he is planning on coming here this week! 

but now there are new paper work problemos.  does anyone know what to do for a spouse-based immigrant visa?  it is a little different from a fiance visa, it seems. 

and also, how do you go about adopting an american name?

id appreciate any help you could give on the above!

thanks!

:P

Now for my part Ive got a simple plan. Lynn will go be her Chinese name plus my sirname Thus Ling Qin Bolin which is appropriate here. I dont want to depart from the name on her passport or the one Ive used in our paperwork. Ive discouraged her from taking another english name because it can muddy the waters and look fraudulent to INS when we do I-130

Excuse me?? Sounds like the teachers ran the show there? Or was it your wife deciding her daughter would be more comfortable with the teachers with a new name? Tell me it's the latter. I'm sure it is :P

Sounded odd to me too, but the wife says that the teachers insisted on calling her by the name she uses now and she was getting into trouble for not responding. She was from a broken home, her father having abandoned her and her mother because her mother had the audacity to have a girl instead of a boy and meant that she got picked on alot growing up.

my girl is the small one in her family. She has never been strong. Even now she cant walk long distances without getting exausted. That and being a girl in China she had a rough time growing up. She was badly ill as an infant and nearly died. Her legs give her trouble and will so more later in life.