Christmas present

180074[/snapback]

180081[/snapback]

180084[/snapback]

I would not downplay the need for notarizations... the lack of one can result in a denial.. as well, once in overcome, they are notary happy..

Some may recall the incident of the chinese SO giving the VO the actual passport of the USC at the interview.. who got a blue slip asking for a notarized copy of the USC passport instead...

180092[/snapback]

It seems that PP notarization was an isolated case (And idiotic for a VO to do this in my opinion) and have wondered IF the S/O actually gave the original PP or VO forgot???? Didn't that blue slip have other reasons on it also?

I really THINK that there has been an over reaction on this issue, similarly EVERYBODY wanting to make videotapes at one point despite their S/O have English skills.

180100[/snapback]

I agree... these are two points of over-reaction ... I would just continue to qualify that it's simply best to know what members experience... so reports back are important but must be viewed with some objectivity as to what is really going on so we can separate proper action and reaction...

Here's the thread in question.. moon's post is #5. Richard is right that the SO may not of actually given it, but did have it on hand.

Certified copy of passport for Consulate

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7074