Christmas present

and she has sent to Guangzhou.I'm gathering documents to send to her awaiting P-4 and interview.I realize I need to provide/send her I-134,intent to marry statement from me,past 5 years tax return (I'm sending 5-not 3)copies,letter from my employer,letter from my landlord, copy of my passport.Is there anything else that will "more satisfy" the consulate?Should I have EVERY page of documents notorized(?),or just a cover letter?

I think she should be "well armed" when going to the interview.I really appreciate input from CFL members.

ALSO.....

I want to make a note:I came across a guy who's SO just went to the interview and got a blue slip..........they want to see death certificate for his father who died 20 years ago........WTF !!

and she has sent to Guangzhou.I'm gathering documents to send to her awaiting P-4 and interview.I realize I need to provide/send her I-134,intent to marry statement from me,past 5 years tax return (I'm sending 5-not 3)copies,letter from my employer,letter from my landlord, copy of my passport.Is there anything else that will "more satisfy" the consulate?Should I have EVERY page of documents notorized(?),or just a cover letter?

I think she should be "well armed" when going to the interview.I really appreciate input from CFL members.

ALSO.....

I want to make a note:I came across a guy who's SO just went to the interview and got a blue slip..........they want to see death certificate for his father who died 20 years ago........WTF !!

180044[/snapback]

Sorry I failed to mention,this is K-1

Every page of documents Notarized? What documents?

Well,Chinese Wife(repectfully said to you) the afidavits stateing copies of tax returns,letter from boss,etc.,are true and correct.You all must understand it sounds like Guanzhou is really getting sinister.Like I said about the guy I ran accross here in town(BTW I'm in the states) said he had to get hold of his mother and get his father's death certificate from 20 years ago pronto.How "nuts is that?Yes,I'm a firm believer in being "well armed" for such BS.........especially when if a similar occurance happens to her (which I somewhat expect,hearing from reliable inputs)and she's 3000 miles from home at the embassy waiting because of some BS they want to"pull".

Well,Chinese Wife(repectfully said to you) the afidavits stateing copies of tax returns,letter from boss,etc.,are true and correct.You all must understand it sounds like Guanzhou is really getting sinister.Like I said about the guy I ran accross here in town(BTW I'm in the states) said he had to get hold of his mother and get his father's death certificate from 20 years ago pronto.How "nuts is that?Yes,I'm a firm believer in being "well armed" for such BS.........especially when if a similar occurance happens to her (which I somewhat expect,hearing from reliable inputs)and she's 3000 miles from home at the embassy waiting because of some BS they want to"pull".

180074[/snapback]

This has been discussed a few times... and while it is always best to follow their instructions as best as possible.. there's no substitute for real-time feedback from members...

Most do not get the taxes notarized and there has not been a refusal of them un-notarized as far as I can remember for the year.

If you fall into overcome, then there is a high chance of needing some document notarized... they get 'notary' happy at this point.. and if it's required then you can get it notarized for free at consulate.

Did you get taxes notarized, for GUZ interview

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...391&hl=notarize

Guest pushbrk

180074[/snapback]

This has been discussed a few times... and while it is always best to follow their instructions as best as possible.. there's no substitute for real-time feedback from members...

Most do not get the taxes notarized and there has not been a refusal of them un-notarized as far as I can remember for the year.

If you fall into overcome, then there is a high chance of needing some document notarized... they get 'notary' happy at this point.. and if it's required then you can get it notarized for free at consulate.

180081[/snapback]

Many documents have no possibility of benefiting from notarization. When there's no translation involved, all a notary is doing is certifying that the signature seen is that of the person whose name has been signed. The notary is simply saying "I checked the identity of the person in front of me and watched them sign this paper." You can sign a totally made up tax return in front of a notary. They have no access to what you filed to verify it's your real tax return.

Of course if they require the form to be notarized, you notarize it.

Or, if it's a required government form applicable directly to the visa like the letter of intent or I-184 (for example) that requires the signature of the USC (and is being delivered by the beneficiary) there might be some meaning to notarization.

Think about the fact that neither the I-130 or I-129F requires notarization.

180074[/snapback]

180081[/snapback]

Many documents have no possibility of benefiting from notarization. When there's no translation involved, all a notary is doing is certifying that the signature seen is that of the person whose name has been signed. The notary is simply saying "I checked the identity of the person in front of me and watched them sign this paper." You can sign a totally made up tax return in front of a notary. They have no access to what you filed to verify it's your real tax return.

Of course if they require the form to be notarized, you notarize it.

Or, if it's a required government form applicable directly to the visa like the letter of intent or I-184 (for example) that requires the signature of the USC (and is being delivered by the beneficiary) there might be some meaning to notarization.

Think about the fact that neither the I-130 or I-129F requires notarization.

180084[/snapback]

I would not downplay the need for notarizations... the lack of one can result in a denial.. as well, once in overcome, they are notary happy..

Some may recall the incident of the chinese SO giving the VO the actual passport of the USC at the interview.. who got a blue slip asking for a notarized copy of the USC passport instead...

It might be crazy, but the best we can do is try to understand what the consulate is asking for and expecting, and not just explain this or that away. If the trend turns that they want this or that, then our best defense is to have it ready at the interview... For now, I'm suggesting it is not required for interview, but may be for overcome.

DavidZixuan,we decided I remain in US during her interview.I really want to be with her,but we feel it's best if I stay here in case consulate wants to see more evidence that I could only obtain here........pushbrk,the I-129F was a "cake walk",and yes,did'nt require notorization.We're getting down to the "nitty gritty" here now.

I asked if you were living in US in regards to the letter from landlord. I could POSSIBLY see some implications IF you were LIVING in CN as I did and:

1) My wife's registered hukou address VS our actual address (just down the street) was different.

2) Or potentially to circumvent a "Where does the ex-spouse live?" question at interview.

3) Slightly more proof beyond just your Chinese visas that you are living together (Had both names on the lease in our case).

Personally, I really don't see what a letter from a US landlord would accomplish- but I'm open for new ideas.

180096[/snapback]

Proof of residence/current address here in states.

Guest pushbrk
DavidZixuan,we decided I remain in US during her interview.I really want to be with her,but we feel it's best if I stay here in case consulate wants to see more evidence that I could only obtain here........pushbrk,the I-129F was a "cake walk",and yes,did'nt require notorization.We're getting down to the "nitty gritty" here now.

180093[/snapback]

I know it's down to the wire and very serious. That means it's good to keep a cool head. There's no need to translate something in English that's going to be read by a US VO. There's no need to notarize something besides personally written statements unless they are also being translated by certified translator, unless it is specifically required.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

180093[/snapback]

I know it's down to the wire and very serious. That means it's good to keep a cool head. There's no need to translate something in English that's going to be read by a US VO. There's no need to notarize something besides personally written statements unless they are also being translated by certified translator, unless it is specifically required.

180098[/snapback]

Makes sense pushbrk...Thanx for enlightenment.

3 yrs taxes is more than enough and the only thing that needs notarized is the I-134 and maybe a copy of your passport. All translated documents need to be notatorial. you don't need anything from your landlord. Concentrate on things like showing how many vistis to China, photos of you and her and you and her family, snail mail, email, etc. Make sure you know where your ex's are if you have any in case they want proof you really are not still together. IMO the best thing you can do is be there for the interview. How is your sweety's english? You may want to make a video of the two of you communicating if it isn't very good.

I am sceptical of your aquaintance needing a death certificate for his father. I have never heard of such a thing and for the life of me can't see how it could possibly pertain to the visa.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

ALSO.....

180044[/snapback]

Perhaps someone will be able to explain what happened in the other cases.

In the meantime, be rational about your own - don't get carried away.

180074[/snapback]

180081[/snapback]

180084[/snapback]

I would not downplay the need for notarizations... the lack of one can result in a denial.. as well, once in overcome, they are notary happy..

Some may recall the incident of the chinese SO giving the VO the actual passport of the USC at the interview.. who got a blue slip asking for a notarized copy of the USC passport instead...

180092[/snapback]

It seems that PP notarization was an isolated case (And idiotic for a VO to do this in my opinion) and have wondered IF the S/O actually gave the original PP or VO forgot???? Didn't that blue slip have other reasons on it also?

I really THINK that there has been an over reaction on this issue, similarly EVERYBODY wanting to make videotapes at one point despite their S/O have English skills.

180100[/snapback]

Didn't that blue slip have other reasons on it also?

.................NO!..But I don't really know the details.The guy said everything went well for his SO;just that the consulate wanted to see his father's death certificate before he would give approval...