College residency requirements

Right Forum I hope???

Been dealing with CCSN since August over residency requirements- over half time student equals $2,457.50 ADDITIONAL fees per SEMESTER.

A few visits in August to the admissions desk (manned out front with students) supervised by a low level admissions clerk. Told us that the wife is NOT considered a "resident". She must have lived here 6 months.

Sent email to admissions office on Dec. 20 citing that other states allow for the recently arrived foreign born spouse to use the residency of their partner for tuition purposes and also asked if she could be considered a "Resident Dependent" as younger people can do.

Answer "No, she must wait for 12 full months".

NV just started the TWELVE MONTH REQUIREMENT for the spring 2006 semester.

I challenged this response up to the admissions OFFICER. Citing both the fact that she had no other US residency, I am a NV resident, other states make these allowances AND questioned how my step daghter will be considered a resident upon arrival to the US VS. my wife that has lived here 5 months already

Got an email today. I have the name, title, phone numer of the Admission officer that states my wife IS considered a resident for tuition purposes. :(