My wife got full custody for her son just before she was to go to GZ for her interview. His I-130 was approved in early December. December 28, he has a GUZ#. So now we wait for the DS-3032. My question is: will he be CR-2? Also, I do not think I will be able to go to China this year, but my wife will. Will my not being there, cause any problems? He is only 6yo, so will his mother be able to attend the interview with him?

Edited by MikeXiao (see edit history)
My wife got full custody for her son just before she was to go to GZ for her interview.  His I-130 was approved in early December.  December 28, he has a GUZ#.  So now we wait for the DS-3032.  My question is:  will he be CR-2?  Also, I do not think I will be able to go to China this year, but my wife will.  Will my not being there, cause any problems?  He is only 6yo, so will his mother be able to attend the interview with him?

179604[/snapback]

It would be nice for both parents to be at the interview, but as frank1538's posted link, Bob encountered an idiot visa officer (vo) and it makes no difference whether both parents or even an uncle (aunt or grandparent) is present at the interview. The most important is for the accompanying adult to know the rules and regulations. And we learn quite a bit from experiences of others here in CFL. The knowledge will help (hopefully), if not alleniate, an idiot retarded vo. In either case, such is life as we encounter, by chance, of them idiots possessing some type of official government authority, who become quite an encumberance and nuisance to what's supposed to be routine task. Typical bureaucrats to make things more difficult and costly.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)