CR1/I-130 to CSC instead of TSC

Guest ShaQuaNew
I sent my i-130 to Texas (I am in Florida) and I just recieved my I797 (NOA1) from California (CSC) and I cannot figure out why?

179597[/snapback]

Texas has been forwarding virtually every marriage based petition to California for nearly the entire year of 2005. You did send it to the right place though. :huh:

Guest ShaQuaNew
that's what I was worried about.  I think the CSC will take 2x as long to process

179620[/snapback]

The CSC processes more petitions and applications that the other service centers, but it does not equate to taking much longer than the other service centers. The VSC is the fastest, but the others are statistically right there with them.

Jesse's is undergoing "administrative processing" - hopefully, yours won't and will be more in line with my timeline (even more hopefully, his will get done first - the wait is excruciating when you don't know what's going on).

Check other timelines - and I think that statistics were posted recently showing that Vermont has been much quicker than the other three (not good news for you).

Good luck.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse's is undergoing "administrative processing" - hopefully, yours won't and will be more in line with my timeline (even more hopefully, his will get done first - the wait is excruciating when you don't know what's going on).

179623[/snapback]

Actually Randy, here is the precise language used by the USCIS regarding our petition:

"The case has been selected for detailed review, which means it will take longer than normal processing time (no $hit sherlock). If additional information or verification is needed, you will be notified. Thank you."

Their grammar and comma splices are included, with the exception of sherlock's comment. :D