Looking at the NVC E-mail...

Maybe it is a canned response, but here it is:

Good Afternoon,

As part of the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001, there are additional security check requirements for visa applicants. While it is not possible to predict when all the clearances for this case will be finished by all the involved Washington agencies, please be assured that as soon as the results are received NVC will be able to schedule this case for an interview at the US Embassy or Consulate General. Your office will be notified by mail when the interview is scheduled.

The assigned case number is GUZ_____________.

Regards,

National Visa Center

OH2/acs

Note the word interview several times. Maybe it is different for GUZ than for other consulates in terms of P3/P4? I didnt expect I would hear from the NVC when the interview is scheduled, but rather from my wife, who hears it from GUZ.

Maybe I don't understand the process?

Merc, you got the canned reply from NVC. They have your case and now you have the case number (GUZ#). When NVC is done with it they will forward your case to GUZ.

I got these letters for one year. Some are worded a little differently but all mean the same thing. You are under the cloud of NVC until further notice. You can't get any additional information from them until your case has been forwarded to GUZ.

Keep the faith, it is a forward step that is necessary in our process.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)