Friggin' Security checks - AOS

Biometric: 8/04/04

I-485 Interview: 06/22/05 (delayed due to death of Father)

Passed Interview: 06/22/05 (except "name check not complete)

12/05: Infopass: There is nothing we can do, FBI yada yada

At this rate we will be married 2 years before we get the conditional GC, not that it matters, as I understand we still get a 2 yr card, even is if takes 5 friking years for BCIS

(END RANT)

Sorry, and Happy Holidays to All

At this rate we will be married 2 years before we get the conditional GC, not that it matters, as I understand we still get a 2 yr card, even is if takes 5 friking years for BCIS

(END RANT)

178048[/snapback]

Permit me to be ceaselessly trite and say, "I feel your pain!"... but not as much as I feel mine!! :)

-good luck to us both

(END RANT)

178048[/snapback]

Permit me to be ceaselessly trite and say, "I feel your pain!"... but not as much as I feel mine!! B)

-good luck to us both

178101[/snapback]

Ditto......I keep checking the USCIS website and has had the same results for the past 7 months.

The good news is we are now past the 2 year married mark, for what it's worth. :o

Last year, more people entered the country illegally than legally. Something is wrong here. The people who do it correctly have to suffer by having name checks done, and getting the medical checkup as well as paying money. Why do they bother us? Meanwhile, people from the middle east continue to enter. One therory I have is that Pres Fox is holding us hostage for the oil Mexico ships to us. We get more oil from Mexico than from Saudia Arabia.

We had two cases of TB in my small county last year. Up from none the year before. Wonder where they came from.

Hey, Stats........that's the blessing of it taking so long. If the issue is after two years of marriage, it's a ten year card.

178061[/snapback]

Ok, that's good news. Bad news is I need another AP prior to the 2 years. She needs to go back in April to honor her father's death.

Oh well, if it clears, then I deal with Removal of Conditions. If not, I pay for another AP.

Thanks Don. btw there are only 3,600 name checks pending in Houston per our Officer. Things are moving along nicely. Chen is not the best last name for speedy name checks.

Last I checked, most terrorist attacks were committed by 34 yo. Chinese females. Oops, not politcally correct.

Hey, Stats........that's the blessing of it taking so long. If the issue is after two years of marriage, it's a ten year card.

178061[/snapback]

Hey Don...I don't mean it as an insult, Don, but are you SURE about that?? Does it automatically just give us a 10 yr card after two years, (if we have never received the 2yr one), or we have to file something different??? this is the first i heard of that....

we have been married one year and 8, almost 9 months. we dont forsee them suddenly deciding to finally complete the FBI check or anything anytime soon...so when we have been married two years, (in april) and we finally get the green card some day, it will be 10 yr and not 2 yr conditional????

they told us we file for the 10 yr card 2 yrs (1 yr 9 mos) after he receives the 2 yr conditional card, not two years after marriage......they said that is a common misconception.....

????

tell me what you know!! :D

kim

Ditto......I keep checking the USCIS website and has had the same results for the past 7 months.

The good news is we are now past the 2 year married mark, for what it's worth. :D

178167[/snapback]

we, unfortunately, are the New Orleans office....but anyway, there has been no change in the processing date for quite a few months now....

they are on august 04, we are file date april 04...but they haven't gotten to us yet....go figure.....well we did have an interview, but you know, the same excuse....pending FBI background check...

????

kim

I know of a K1 Chinese lady, just married, just had the AOS appointment, receiving the 10 yr. GC in the mail!

Just another example that there is no "rhyme or reason" to this process. I think the agencies like it this way; keeps them unpredictable.

????

kim

I know of a K1 Chinese lady, just married, just had the AOS appointment, receiving the 10 yr. GC in the mail!

Just another example that there is no "rhyme or reason" to this process. I think the agencies like it this way; keeps them unpredictable.

179631[/snapback]

so unpredictable.....

I read where that happens occasionally. One of the attorneys over on brits said to do the I-751 anyway at the appropriate time just to be safe.

Kim, don't confuse the two issues about removing coniditions and length of marriage. If the initial green card is issued AND you have been married two years at that time, you gets a 10 year card.

However, if the green card is issued 1 year and 11 months into the marriage, for example, you should get a 2 year card. Conditions on the 2 year card need to be removed by filing an I-751 within 90 days of the card's expiration - roughly 21 months from date of issue. You can't file early and it's bad news to file after the card expires.

179646[/snapback]

ok, i think i got it and i think it was what i already knew, i misunderstood your first note that i had quoted....

yes, we will have been married two years this april, but no matter when we get the card, it will be a 2 yr card initially, and then when those two years are over, then we will file to remove conditions, well one year and nine months into it....

he grows more and more frustrated everyday....he feels like his life is on hold until he gets his green card. he wants to go to school and get a degree here in the US. his education after high school in china is not recognized here. he is working here and there kind of jobs until he can go to school and have a "real" job as he calls it!

we are just hanging in there!

:)

GOTCHA!!!

so, they automatically do that for you, or do you have to send in some other form or something stating that you have been married two years??? i mean, i can't rely on them being keen enough to know that on their own....i can't seem to get them to do the bare minimum that they are SUPPOSED to do, much less expect them to find that extra detail in our case!! hehehe

and close, we were married on the 10th!! hehe

kim

I agree that the 10 year card is issued if they have been married 2 years at the time of the AOS interview. What I'm not sure of is if you have the interview, you pass and then the green card is held up in security checks. I believe the issue date is the same as the interview date in which case it would be a 2 year card.

I485 in DORA(90 Days HaHa) program $385

First EAD because missed 90 Days $175

First AP because missed 1 year $170

Second EAD because missed 1 year $180

Total $525 extra because of FBI name check, hell it only took 15 days for the I-129f WTF

Ok here is the strange part they want to do Biometrics AGAIN for the EAD hell her last biometrics has been stuck in FBI name check for over a year now WTF

Edited by se_lang (see edit history)