HELP ! Not Clear On DS 230 Question 9

Should I put "1" on Question 9 of DS 230 where it asks the following?

including my present marraige I have been married _____ times

My SO is not married now we are engaged but she has been married in China 1 time but now divorced for 8 years. On the same question format I marked and X where she is divorced.. How have some of older K-1 , K-3 answered? Thanks

REd

Guest pushbrk

My SO is not married now we are engaged but she has been married in China 1 time but now divorced for 8 years. On the same question format I marked and X where she is divorced..  How have some of older K-1 , K-3 answered?  Thanks

REd

177911[/snapback]

For a divorced person who is presently unmarried, the answer is equal to the number of divorces. 1 divorce + 0 later marriages equals 1 marriage.

My SO is not married now we are engaged but she has been married in China 1 time but now divorced for 8 years.   On the same question format I marked and X where she is divorced..  How have some of older K-1 , K-3 answered?  Thanks

REd

177911[/snapback]

For a divorced person who is presently unmarried, the answer is equal to the number of divorces. 1 divorce + 0 later marriages equals 1 marriage.

177932[/snapback]

O>K> Clear now ..ha ha ...once in awhile seems a question is a "toss" up but we all know better not to guess at the answer...

Thanks

Guest pushbrk

My SO is not married now we are engaged but she has been married in China 1 time but now divorced for 8 years.   On the same question format I marked and X where she is divorced..  How have some of older K-1 , K-3 answered?  Thanks

REd

177911[/snapback]

177932[/snapback]

O>K> Clear now ..ha ha ...once in awhile seems a question is a "toss" up but we all know better not to guess at the answer...

Thanks

177942[/snapback]

The questions are intended to be literal. There is no need to guess. The answer cannot be zero because she has been married. You cannot add 1 for any current marriage because there is none. This same form is used for multiple visa types. Some applicants are currently married.

Rule number 1 is never be untruthful, so it is best to take the question literally and answer accurately.