K1 Visa question

After the K1 is issued, she comes to America, and marriage occurs in 90 days, what must happen for her to be able to visit China again, and return to the US? What steps and how much time before she can do it?

We had some concerns because of aging family members. Thanks for all your help !

We have the same concerns.

You need an Advance Parole to travel outside the US. My understanding is that you can include the I-131 form with your adjustment of status package. There is a guide for all this on Visa Journey.

I don't have a good handle on how long it takes to get the Advance Parole but I would expect at least 90 days. I've told lao po that when she enters on the K1 she'll be locked in America for about six months.

Perhaps we can hear from others with direct experience.

Usually Advanced Parole is processed by your local USCIS office when you file this with your AOS application. Do not try to file it before the I-485 as it seems to be a waste of money.

One thing to remember, AP is not guaranteed and some people are denied. Seems like this is somewhat random as to pass/fail, one person may get it to take a vacation to Mexico and another denied to care for an aging relative in need.