Just saw your other thread that you'll be in HK Feb 8-16. Forget getting married there, not enough time. Best bet is to do the I-129F fiancee visa like most people do.

176416[/snapback]

I was thinking maybe we could file the paper work required to get married in HongKong before I get there. So as to be approved to get married when I am there. Is that possible?

Mat :D

176514[/snapback]

Yes, it is but if you are going in February, you will have to get started right away. I posted the requirements earlier in the thread but they are at this link.

http://www.lovetripper.com/article/wedding.../hong-kong.html

You will have to provide the needed documents to your SO and she can get them translated and notarized in China. Then she can send yours and hers. If all is in order on the first try, you'll be ok but you'll have to start now and hurry.

176529[/snapback]

this link doesn't work, although your first one does.. if you copy and paste from a previous link, have to check the link for being abbreviated, which will not really link...

You get married in Hong Kong and then you file the I-130 and I-129 when you return to the US.

The DS-156 form comes later, at the P-3 stage, just before the interview.

If you're planning on getting married in Hong Kong do a search for marriage requirements, the US Consulate in HK may have some information or links.

You would need a dual entry visa to China, meet in HK, file the papers, return to China during the 2 week waiting period, return to HK to marry if you two have decided it's the thing to do, then possibly returning to China again. If you've been married before you will need official court copies of your divorce decrees.

176413[/snapback]

Why the duel entry visa, Not sure I understand, I live in the US. she lives in Shenzhen, and has HK Identification and can travel freely there.

Mat

YOU will need the dual entry (at least TWO dependent on your travel plans)- not her. One for each time that you arrive in HK AND again a seperate one for each time you arrive on the Mainland- that is should you decide to go to Shenzhen and then return to HK.

176602[/snapback]

So I just need a vise if I visit Shenzhen, Can I get it when I'm there or do I have to plan ahead on that?

Guest pushbrk
YOU will need the dual entry (at least TWO dependent on your travel plans)- not her. One for each time that you arrive in HK AND again a seperate one for each time you arrive on the Mainland- that is should you decide to go to Shenzhen and then return to HK.

176602[/snapback]

So I just need a vise if I visit Shenzhen, Can I get it when I'm there or do I have to plan ahead on that?

176856[/snapback]

You might be able to get the Visa in HK but it's better to plan ahead and get it here. I recommend "Chinese Visa Office" in Houston. www.visa-chinese.com 713.774.5606. They charge only $19.95 for their services over and above the fee charged by the Chinese. The farther ahead you plan, the less expensive the visa.

176602[/snapback]

176856[/snapback]

Mat,

Everything I know about getting the visa in HK is outdated now. Used to be an overnight thing going through a travel agent. I believe now you have to go to a PRC Gov. office in HK to get it???

Maybe someone KNOWS exactly what's going on NOW and will post.

From your other thread- Your welcome! Also see your new timeline. A fellow resident of the "Silver State". I'm 55 miles out of Las Vegas. Been to Reno more than I'd like in the past- ex was a gambling addict from North Ca.

176868[/snapback]

Hi Matt yu can get the visa same day from HK to China if its a week day if noot it will take one full day to get it. It is cheap to. I always got my visa when I arrived in Hong Kong. I also got married there so anyway thats the info. Moost hotles will get the china visa fr you. I stayed at the Eaton hotel on every trip because it was affordasble, elegent, and had a pool.