Picking up SO and returning to USA

I will be leaving on tuesday for china :D and get to start the fun process of getting my SO's luggage to USA ;) . I can t wait to see her :unsure: but the luggage part has me a little aprehensive ;)(she has many things) I guess what I am asking is what are the things we will need to do on our return and any advice on luggage.......

1) Visa in hand

2) all k-1 docs will be on us for the plane ride home

3) Fill out I-94 form (we get this on plane right?)

4) Can I get the EAD stamp in chicago?

5) Anything else I am missing??

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their help!!!! :D I also would like to wish everyone a happy holiday and wonderful new year!! :D

I will be leaving on tuesday for china :D  and get to start the fun process of getting my SO's luggage to USA ;) . I can t wait to see her :)  but the luggage part has me a little aprehensive ;)(she has many things)  I guess what I am asking is what are the things we will need to do on our return and any advice on luggage.......

1) Visa in hand

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their help!!!! :D  I also would like to wish everyone a happy holiday and wonderful new year!! :D

176204[/snapback]

DO NOT FORGET YOUR FIANCEE :D

I will be leaving on tuesday for china :D  and get to start the fun process of getting my SO's luggage to USA :D . I can t wait to see her :)  but the luggage part has me a little aprehensive ;)(she has many things)  I guess what I am asking is what are the things we will need to do on our return and any advice on luggage.......

1) Visa in hand

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their help!!!! :D  I also would like to wish everyone a happy holiday and wonderful new year!! :D

176204[/snapback]

You are the man with the lightening speed - from start to finish in about six months. I really admire how lucky you are..

Congratulations and be happy!

Lets her bring lots of clothes and large luggage. But the airplane carrier may charge you for excessive luggage. I-94 will be handed out on the plane.

Guest pushbrk
DO make sure you bring multiple documents of important papers and or copies of your fiancee's. Some people have lost birth certificates ect. and had to rely on relatives to replace them......

DO make sure immigration does not keep the I-94, guard it with your life  :)

176213[/snapback]

Here is more information on the I-94

http://www.greatcampjobs.com/j1visa/fillingouti94card.pdf

Three key issues I see.

1. You each have an I-94 She is an immigrant. You are not.

2. Both portions of the USC's I-94 are retained by USCIS.

3. Only the I-94 departure coupon is stapled to the immigrant's passport. The entry portion is retainded by USCIS.

I would hate to see you defending with you life, papers you don't need to retain. :-)

DO make sure you bring multiple documents of important papers and or copies of your fiancee's. Some people have lost birth certificates ect. and had to rely on relatives to replace them......

DO make sure immigration does not keep the I-94, guard it with your life  :)

176213[/snapback]

Here is more information on the I-94

http://www.greatcampjobs.com/j1visa/fillingouti94card.pdf

Three key issues I see.

1. You each have an I-94 She is an immigrant. You are not.

2. Both portions of the USC's I-94 are retained by USCIS.

3. Only the I-94 departure coupon is stapled to the immigrant's passport. The entry portion is retainded by USCIS.

I would hate to see you defending with you life, papers you don't need to retain. :-)

176229[/snapback]

http://hometown.aol.com/voiceontheair/I94.jpg

The USCIS has been known to keep this and not staple it in the Passport

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)
Make sure that she doesn't pack a pocket knife in carry-on baggage.. particularly if it has blood on it.. like my wife did..:o

Glad to hear that she'll be here soon !  :D

176250[/snapback]

She may not be carrying any knives but I know she will be bring tons of chinese medicene.....Of course she does not believe in USA doctors and that we can actually heal ourselves...."Chinese Medicene much better and faster" :wub: yes dear roots and twigs and bark can heal everything ;)