Time to worry again?

Well. we made it passed the first hurtle with the K-1 visa question, now the dreaded communist party question pops up again in two places on the AOS forms.... We of course must answer truthfully since we did on the Visa forms. but has anyone ever had a problem with the AOS when answering yes there SO was or communist member of the peoples republic of china?... I just hope they wont require the waiver from us and another expensive fee... We have the waiver printed out but think its best NOT to include it with the AOS papers we will file...

Guest fh4ever

My wife was a commie and a lot of time was spent on this issue in the AOS interview. The interviewer asked if my wife was a commie and she said "yes." Then he asked her a bunch of questions like why she was a member, what office she held, what benefits did she derive from being a member, etc. My wife was not an officer and she basically got nothing out of being a member except it was necessary for her job. He used her responses to fill out a waiver for her, printed a copy, and asked my wife to sign it. We read it and asked him to change the wording of one sentence that we didn't think was accurate. He made the change, my wife signed the corrected statement, and that was it. After that he moved on to my financial statements and other more routine stuff. We got our approval (and her green card) a couple of weeks later and haven't looked back.

I don't think anyone is going to have any problem with this issue unless your SO has participated in something overtly "totalitarian" - like being involved in a police action that disregarded human rights. If your SO was just a government clerk, I would guess that your experience will be very similar to ours.

My wife was a commie and a lot of time was spent on this issue in the AOS interview. The interviewer asked if my wife was a commie and she said "yes." Then he asked her a bunch of questions like why she was a member, what office she held, what benefits did she derive from being a member, etc. My wife was not an officer and she basically got nothing out of being a member except it was necessary for her job. He used her responses to fill out a waiver for her, printed a copy, and asked my wife to sign it. We read it and asked him to change the wording of one sentence that we didn't think was accurate. He made the change, my wife signed the corrected statement, and that was it. After that he moved on to my financial statements and other more routine stuff. We got our approval (and her green card) a couple of weeks later and haven't looked back.

I don't think anyone is going to have any problem with this issue unless your SO has participated in something overtly "totalitarian" - like being involved in a police action that disregarded human rights. If your SO was just a government clerk, I would guess that your experience will be very similar to ours.

174305[/snapback]

She wasnt even that... only a member to get a good job... thanks