Wrong info on "immigrant Data Summary"

Joanne

I tried to ask this question via email to GUZ. No reply, so I would like to ask again here.

The occupation column on the "immigrant Data Summary" page accompanying the visa packet put me into a wrong category. I wonder what is the significance of this mistake. If it is not changed, will I encounter problems receiving employment in US?

To be specific (hope this does not violate the subforum rules), it was stated "occupation: teachers, except postsecondary". However I am currently teaching at a university in China, and I would like to have the option of teaching at a postsecondary institution in US open for me.

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)
I tried to ask this question via email to GUZ.  No reply, so I would like to ask again here.

The occupation column on the "immigrant Data Summary" page accompanying the visa packet put me into a wrong category.  I wonder what is the significance of this mistake.  If it is not changed, will I encounter problems receiving employment in US?

To be specific (hope this does not violate the subforum rules), it was stated "occupation: teachers, except postsecondary".  However I am currently teaching at a university in China, and I would like to have the option of teaching at a postsecondary institution in US open for me.

173742[/snapback]

Dear CFL Member,

This will have no impact on your employment in the U.S. This category on the immigrant data summary is really only important for those going to the US on employment based visas.

IV Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

I tried to ask this question via email to GUZ.  No reply, so I would like to ask again here.

The occupation column on the "immigrant Data Summary" page accompanying the visa packet put me into a wrong category.  I wonder what is the significance of this mistake.  If it is not changed, will I encounter problems receiving employment in US?

To be specific (hope this does not violate the subforum rules), it was stated "occupation: teachers, except postsecondary".  However I am currently teaching at a university in China, and I would like to have the option of teaching at a postsecondary institution in US open for me.

173742[/snapback]

Dear CFL Member,

This will have no impact on your employment in the U.S. This category on the immigrant data summary is really only important for those going to the US on employment based visas.

IV Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

174306[/snapback]

Thank you sooooooooo much!