AOS From California

Been awhile..Just got notice of action from Laguna Nigel CA. Form I-797..

We are in the Atlanta service center area(yeah I know)They sent our AOS to CA on 10/1/05 and that I felt was good. :)

Now with all the rumors floating around about not having to appear for an interview if you have a trouble free case this may confirm that.

The Notice of action said to send 2 recent photos taken within 30 days passport style full face forward 2 inchs square and a copy of medical exam form I-693 signed of course by the civil surgeon. This sheet was attached to the I-797 and is numbered as attachment to:I-797. They have given us until February 14th 2006 to reply(good day to choose)

So hopefully we will get that out within the next two weeks and then hopefully they will tell us all is good and send the temp green card..

Monday she goes for EAD renewal(bio-metrics)no big deal 2nd one.

Thats about it just thought I would up date on this.

Hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Edited by mikem (see edit history)
That's good news Mike! I'm sure that's a relief for you and your wife.

I'm curious as to how receiving the NOA for the registration card will affect the EAD renewal.

171789[/snapback]

Thanks everyone!!! On your question for EAD renewal.. The AoS documents were sent to CSC in October 2005. I just went ahead and filed for the EAD renewal using the standard form sent them copies of what they need with the renewal app along with the $175.00(to the Chicago lock box cetified mail) and received the notice of action to appear on 11/29/05 at 2PM for the Bio-metrics.. So no hick-ups yet if anything happens at USCIS in Birmingham I will let you know.. Other then the I.D. required to bring with her they asked for nothing else..And as I said this is the second renewal soooo. I do not expect anything other then to walk in there have them take her prints and thats it.. Her current EAD expires at the end of December 05.

That's good news Mike! I'm sure that's a relief for you and your wife.

I'm curious as to how receiving the NOA for the registration card will affect the EAD renewal.

171789[/snapback]

Thanks everyone!!! On your question for EAD renewal.. The AoS documents were sent to CSC in October 2005. I just went ahead and filed for the EAD renewal using the standard form sent them copies of what they need with the renewal app along with the $175.00(to the Chicago lock box cetified mail) and received the notice of action to appear on 11/29/05 at 2PM for the Bio-metrics.. So no hick-ups yet if anything happens at USCIS in Birmingham I will let you know.. Other then the I.D. required to bring with her they asked for nothing else..And as I said this is the second renewal soooo. I do not expect anything other then to walk in there have them take her prints and thats it.. Her current EAD expires at the end of December 05.

171916[/snapback]

All went well about 15 minutes for the whole finger printing bio-metrics. However they would NOT let me wait in the office while she had it done. I was able to stay and help fill in the form but after that was done was told to leave the office and go wait in my car.. Keep in mind that this was my fourth visit and last three times had no problem waiting in the office waiting area.. Oh by the way thre were a tolal of three people there including my wife and about 50 or so empty chairs in the waiting area.. Maybe I am just to scary for them.. :cheering:

Hey Mike. Nice to see you again. I remember your wife and mine got P-3 the same day. Sorry to see you are still waiting for the AOS interview. We finished a little over a year ago. Atlanta service center certainly sucks. Hope it's over soon

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I'd say the conventional wisdom arrow is pointing up for you. Good luck.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed. My step son's AOS application has also been transferred to SCS (Jingwen and her daughter both received their green cards without an interview). We had to go for updated biometrics for him, but I'm hopeful that he'll be adjusted without an interview - kinda makes sense since he's K-2 and his mom already has her green card. Like you, we gotta renew his EAD while we wait.

Going to the Civil Surgeon tomorrow Friday the 2nd.. Was told by person on phone that the cost would be between $180 to $385..Well she has had almost all shots and has her yellow book and certified translated docs from childhood shots,,I am waitng for this guy to tell me she needs physical and then I will go into action. She came here in March 04 we filed AoS in October 04 so I-485 was filed within year of her being here so according to exemption on USCIS site she should NOT need a physical.. I have good insurance and am sure most of this would be paid for by them. However no scense in over-doing stuff. I will let you all know what happens. Yeah Atlanta sucks but what can you do the main thing is she is here.. CSC has moved quite fast they got her docs sometime around October 21,05 so to December is pretty good for action for a change. Hell I wish the Visa process moved so fast..

Hi Mike,

If it's going to cost you between $180 and $385, she might as well get the physical too.

The physical doesn't consist of much other then the routine stuff. At least get your monies worth.

The civil surgeon will let you know what shots are needed if she hasn't gotten them already.

It seems they look at tetanus/diptheria, varicella and TB.

-good luck