P3- We got it ! !

Jie just called me, and she got P3 today !

:greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

We are going to try send it today too (China's today), so they have it Friday. She has form 230 ready to go. But I have a question....

...they sent it to the wrong address (her parents). On the I129F, when she lived with her parents, we used their address.

After Jie moved, I asked GUZ how to change it, and they said fax it in Chinese characters. I did...twice, in Oct and Nov.

I emailed to followup and GUZ said they got it. More recently, I called DOS about P3...she said the address was changed Oct 22, and read me her parents address. She said P3 was sent there on Nov 14. Cheez! So, I emailed GUZ again to verify, and again GUZ said it was changed Oct 22. Here is their exact reply:

Thanks for your email. We received your wife's updated mailing address in Oct22, and the packet 3 was sent to you on Nov14, we assumed that it shouldn't be any misdelivery so far. However, you are welcome to contact us if your wife still can't receive it within next week.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unite

U.S. Consulate Guangzhou

Today it was delivered to her parents! :Dah: So, what can we do to make sure this will be corrected? We are going to try to send P3 before the end of the day (Thanksgiving) in China. We are grateful it is her parents house, but for other reasons, it needs to be changed. Any suggestions? Here new address is on form 230. Is this enough? Any other general suggestions on the P3 itself before we send it?

Thanks everyone for your help thus far ! I know there are a few others with address changes while P3 is pending...we hope your suggestions will help us, and help anyone else in a similar situation.