VO and trips to China

My passport shows that I traveled to China to meet my SO just as I stated in our application. I plan on being in China during her interview also. Now when the VO asks my SO how many times I have come to China to visit her, she may say "two times", or she may say "one time and he is also here now". The VO will see the copy of my passport and only see that I was in China one time to see her. Could this cause confusion between the VO and SO?

I know I'm confused just trying to write this. lmao :blink:

Guest pushbrk
My passport shows that I traveled to China to meet my SO just as I stated in our application.  I plan on being in China during her interview also.  Now when the VO asks my SO how many times I have come to China to visit her, she may say "two times", or she may say "one time and he is also here now".  The VO will see the copy of my passport and only see that I was in China one time to see her.  Could this cause confusion between the VO and SO

I know I'm confused just trying to write this.  lmao  :blink:

170389[/snapback]

For you to actually be there at the time she answerst the VO, you will have the second entry stamp in your passport. Won't you?

Mike

but the VO will not see the new visa unless my SO hands it to the VO.  The VO only has what we originally sent in with our I-129f correct?

170392[/snapback]

Give it to your SO - this might be a crucial piece of evidence. If he asks how many times, she can hand it to him at that time.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

the truth is, you will have been there 2 times to see her when she is asked the question.... have the passport handy, if he/she wants proof

good luck

Guest pushbrk
the truth is, you will have been there 2 times to see her when she is asked the question.... have the passport handy, if he/she wants proof

good luck

170397[/snapback]

A recent suggestion that seems to have worked is to have your SO hand the VO YOUR passport first when they ask for hers.

Mike

OK..........everyone agrees she should hand the VO my passport.  See how easy that was? :o

170402[/snapback]

I have talked to my SO about this, we agreed to include the time I am there for the interview. We also agreed that whenever the VO asks a question and my SO answers, she will follow the answer with the question "Would you like to see the (passport) (photos) (taxes) etc"

My passport shows that I traveled to China to meet my SO just as I stated in our application.?I plan on being in China during her interview also.?Now when the VO asks my SO how many times I have come to China to visit her, she may say "two times", or she may say "one time and he is also here now".?The VO will see the copy of my passport and only see that I was in China one time to see her.?Could this cause confusion between the VO and SO??

I know I'm confused just trying to write this.?lmao?:o

170389[/snapback]

"Many times. By phone calls, emails, and in my dreams and his dreams, we have been together for the last two years. Here are the emails. Here are the phone calls records. We talked twice each day, half hour to one hour long each time. Here are our passports (hers and copy of mine). We need to save money for new family. If visa process is much faster, we would be together in US by now"

That's how my SO answered the question.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)

I recommend the SO give both passports at same time (if on hand) or the copy of USC passport. Sometimes the VO will dismiss the USC passport with "I don't need to see that".

She should state 'two times to visit me.. he is here now for the second trip'...

Here is an interview where the number of trips appeared to be a confusing item for the SO and probably influenced getting the blue slip

This sucks, SO got the blue slip :(

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13395

Seems like any time you elaborate too much about anything the blue slip comes out asking questions about it.

You came to China twice to visit her, that answers the question.

It's like the question "do you know what time it is?", may people tell you the time, but the real answer is Yes or No, if they wanted to know what time it is they should ask if you would tell them what time it is. It's an old lawyer joke, but holds true with the VO's.

The handing of both passports to the VO is a winner in all situations, it is a subtle mentioning that you are physically there without making a single statement.