AOS & EAD Filing Question

It's obvious we pay the biometrics fee with the I-485, but with the EAD it only mentions it on the USCIS forms web page with the following text:

$180 base fee, plus $70 biometrics services fee if you have not already been fingerprinted for another immigration benefit.

This is vague enough. Does paying the fee for the I-485 count in this category.

Please only those who have experience with this filing reply. We can debate the family heritage of the DHS and USCIS at another time.

Thanks.

It's obvious we pay the biometrics fee with the I-485, but with the EAD it only mentions it on the USCIS forms web page with the following text:

$180 base fee, plus $70 biometrics services fee if you have not already been fingerprinted for another immigration benefit.

This is vague enough. Does paying the fee for the I-485 count in this category.

Please only those who have experience with this filing reply. We can debate the family heritage of the DHS and USCIS at another time.

Thanks.

169995[/snapback]

We only paid the fee with the AOS app (in August). We added nothing to the EAD app other than the base fee. Last month, we got the EAD biometrics appt notice for last Thursday. That notice stated to bring all receipt notices associated with her application. She took both (AOS and EAD) receipt notices, and had her EAD in hand 5 days later.

Long story short...only paid the biometrics fee once.

We only paid the fingerprinting fee one time along with the I-485 in December 2003. That was the first time my wife was fingerprinted for the I-485. Later in February 2004 we did the biometrics for the EAD. No charge. Then my wife was fingerprinted again this past June for the I-485. Again, no fee charged. It looks like a "one-time" thing.