Sent I-129F on Nov. 5, haven't heard back

I sent the I-129F to the CSC on Nov. 5. I haven't received the receipt and they haven't cashed the check. It doesn't seem like it should take this long, especially since I live in CA. It should only take 1-2 days for mail to/from Laguna Niguel.

I know we're in for much longer waits ahead, but I'd at least like to know we're in line. Does the CSC get backlogged just opening mail sometimes?

Welcome aboard. I'd be inclined to wait a bit longer. If you believe what the CSC says they do with the files, I'm surprised it doesn't take them longer.

For some light reading take a look at http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scn...nal/index.htm#D http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif This will help you pass the time for the next 9-12 months. A bag or two of Cheetos also helps. :D

Guest pushbrk
welcome to CFL:

nai xin (patience).  Two weeks at CSC is pretty common.  They are fairly efficient.  When you hit Portsmouth, NH - then start worrying!

Cheetos and a chair!  Warm up the web cam,

Phil

169400[/snapback]

I guess I'm going to have a really rough time ahead, not like cheetos and all. Do you have any alternative snack suggestions? :-)

Mike

welcome to CFL:

nai xin (patience).  Two weeks at CSC is pretty common.  They are fairly efficient.  When you hit Portsmouth, NH - then start worrying!

Cheetos and a chair!  Warm up the web cam,

Phil

169400[/snapback]

I guess I'm going to have a really rough time ahead, not like cheetos and all. Do you have any alternative snack suggestions? :-)

Mike

169413[/snapback]

My advice is to stay away from the cheetos and chair.. bad for your waistline...

Reduce your meat and increase your vegetables... and get used to the other possible changes once your SO is here :D