AOS approved in Boston

Guest thinkaican

Guest thinkaican

Our AOS was approved in Boston today. Xia got her passport stamped and we were told that we will receive the temp. card in 2 weeks or so.

Standard questions about how we met and basic background info. They did ask for copies of some documents: birth certificates, my license, recent pay stub and employment notice. She rifled through the photos and there was a 20 minute wait while she "fact-checked" everything. Much less painless then I imagined. I legitimately only paid 2004 taxes and was slightly concerned that this might be a problem but it didn't come up. Maybe because I had other sponsers just in case?

A great relief. I'm admittedly a parasite of this site and have many of you to thank. Most times questions I had were resolved by just reading through existing threads. Thank you everybody. I think I need a few beers before I can believe that the process really is finito. Walking out of the interview room I could see all these files of other applicants stacked high and in boxes, splattered over desks. It was surreal to finally see the underbelly of this immigration fiasco just as we were finished with it. Best of luck to all of you still waiting--there is an end!!!

Met in Tianjin: 5/8/2000

Began K1 visa application: 02/2004

Received K1 visa: 01/07/2005

Xia arrives in US: 03/30/2005

Married: 4/10/2005

Apply for SS: 4/12/2005

Received SS Card(req DHS approval): 5/19/2005

Applied for EAD, AOS, AP: 5/26/2005

Received AOS(biometric appt request), AP notices: 6/15/2005

Made biometric appt: 6/20/2005 approximately

Received request for additional evidence(immunization supplement): 7/18/2005

Biometric appointment: 08/09/2005

Received EAD denial letter: 08/11/2005

Going for 2 month roadtrip across US: very very soon

Back from roadtrip 9/30/05

Received Adavnce Parole documents 9/30/05

10/15/05: Received appointment AOS appointment date of 11/14/2005

Rerceived temporary resident stamp in passport and are told that card will arrive in 2 weeks: 11/14/05

Guest thinkaican
Congratulations. 

Boston looks like one of the faster offices.  How about the EAD denial?

168714[/snapback]

The EAD denial came about because I wrote down the wrong thing on the original application. Instead of writing that it was for an apllicant undergoing AOS I wrote that it was for a K-1 applicant. I wrtoe a(6) instead of c(9).

In any case we reapplied, sent another $175 and would have our interview in December except it's not necessary now that we have the temp. green card coming. Oh well....