Another marry in China question

Hey........

Any guys or gals here married in the states and china?

Reason I ask this is mama, wife, so was able to come

here before I could get there(3 days after she got here

we got married)..Don't say much for k-3 does it.........

3 days married, year and a half to live apart........

Anyway my mom and dad went with us to be a

witness here on our wedding day, ya should have

seen how proud them 2 old farts were :lol: ..............

We got married in the courthouse by a magistrate,

very informal, it's not what i wanted for her, wanted

the best u know...Anyway I haven't asked her this yet

but realy want wifes family to be a part of us in everyway.

Can we do this?..Be married there also?..How to do?

We haven't talked about this and she don't know I feel

so bad about her family not being there when thier little

girl is married..I can't explain what a honor it was to meet

them, be with them a few months ago and have them accept

a little white guy, I never felt so at home and so welcome as

I did that day we went to spend time with them..She tells

me i've done enough to honor them, well i'm sorry but to me

i've done nothing..And I realy don't know how...Maybe i

could show them how I feel about them and thier little

girl this way..I can't talk to them god i wish i could.....

And u know we guys like to show things with a big old

hug..Anyone done this before?..I think i know but some

points un clear on..

Already married is already married, even in China I believe. I don't know if there is some mechanism for recording a US marriage in China, but why not consider an elaborate ceremonial (non legal) wedding in China?

Jingwen and I had one and believe me, everyone but our respective governments though it to be as real as it gets.

Already married is already married, even in China I believe.  I don't know if there is some mechanism for recording a US marriage in China, but why not consider an elaborate ceremonial (non legal) wedding in China?

Jingwen and I had one and believe me, everyone but our respective governments though it to be as real as it gets.

168586[/snapback]

Hey Frank.....

I wasn't sure about this..I heard some where

that the Chinese govenment does not see

a marrige in the US as legal there...........

Reconized(spelled wrong)....................

I know we don't need to do that but I

was thinking about wifes family......

Guest pushbrk
Hey........

Any guys or gals here married in the states and china?

Reason I ask this is mama, wife, so was able to come

here before I could get there(3 days after she got here

we got married)..Don't say much for k-3 does it.........

3 days married, year and a half to live apart........

Anyway my mom and dad went with us to be a

witness here on our wedding day, ya should have

seen how proud them 2 old farts were :D ..............

We got married in the courthouse by a magistrate,

very informal, it's not what i wanted for her, wanted

the best u know...Anyway I haven't asked her this yet

but realy want wifes family to be a part of us in everyway.

Can we do this?..Be married there also?..How to do?

We haven't talked about this and she don't know I feel

so bad about her family not being there when thier little

girl is married..I can't explain what a honor it was to meet

them, be with them a few months ago and have them accept

a little white guy, I never felt so at home and so welcome as

I did that day we went to spend time with them..She tells

me i've done enough to honor them, well i'm sorry but to me

i've done nothing..And I realy don't know how...Maybe i

could show them how I feel about them and thier little

girl this way..I can't talk to them god i wish i could.....

And u know we guys like to show things with a big old

hug..Anyone done this before?..I think i know but some

points un clear on..

168584[/snapback]

An actual wedding ceremony is not required in China. Legally you are married when you sign the marriage certificate. The US equivalent would be that getting the marriage license is same as being married. My advice is that when you are in China, simply have whatever wedding ceremony and festivities she and her family would like.

Sherry and I will have a ceremony the day after the marriage certificate is issued. In other words the day after we are married. If there are any complications at the government office then we may be married after the ceremoney.

Mike

Guest ShaQuaNew
An actual wedding ceremony is not required in China.  Legally you are married when you sign the marriage certificate.  The US equivalent would be that getting the marriage license is same as being married.....

168607[/snapback]

I think all US states are the same regarding marriage in that they require both persons to get the marriage license. To have a legal marriage the marriage license must then be signed by both persons and subsequently notarized by a legal notary. The marriage license must then be registered with the court in the county where the marriage license was obtained....

Guest pushbrk

An actual wedding ceremony is not required in China.  Legally you are married when you sign the marriage certificate.  The US equivalent would be that getting the marriage license is same as being married.....

168607[/snapback]

I think all US states are the same regarding marriage in that they require both persons to get the marriage license. To have a legal marriage the marriage license must then be signed by both persons and subsequently notarized by a legal notary. The marriage license must then be registered with the court in the county where the marriage license was obtained....

168610[/snapback]

Well, the same except for the difference I pointed out. :-) In the US, there's this little "by the authority vested in my be the State of ...as a (judge, minister etc.) I pronounce you husband and wife. You know, the actual ceremony. In USA a marriage license is license TO BE married in a ceremony by one with proper authority. The ceremony can be quite informal but the officiator is required. In China the paper acquired at the government office and stamp in family book IS the official act of marriage. The ceremony is optional.

Mike

Guest ShaQuaNew
Well, the same except for the difference I pointed out. :-)  In the US, there's this little "by the authority vested in my be the State of ...as a (judge, minister etc.) I pronounce you husband and wife.  You know, the actual ceremony.  In USA a marriage license is license TO BE married in a ceremony by one with proper authority.  The ceremony can be quite informal but the officiator is required.  In China the paper acquired at the government office and stamp in family book IS the official act of marriage.  The ceremony is optional.

Mike

168639[/snapback]

Mike, I do think many people believe that a cermemony is required in the United States for the marriage to be real. Not true. All that's required in any US state is for the man and woman to sign the marriage certificate and have it notarized. Then, file the certificate with the county of record.

No cermony, no vested in me...except that a notary public has the power to witness and verify signatures.....

Guest pushbrk

Well, the same except for the difference I pointed out. :-)  In the US, there's this little "by the authority vested in my be the State of ...as a (judge, minister etc.) I pronounce you husband and wife.  You know, the actual ceremony.  In USA a marriage license is license TO BE married in a ceremony by one with proper authority.  The ceremony can be quite informal but the officiator is required.  In China the paper acquired at the government office and stamp in family book IS the official act of marriage.  The ceremony is optional.

Mike

168639[/snapback]

Mike, I do think many people believe that a cermemony is required in the United States for the marriage to be real. Not true. All that's required in any US state is for the man and woman to sign the marriage certificate and have it notarized. Then, file the certificate with the county of record.

No cermony, no vested in me...except that a notary public has the power to witness and verify signatures.....

168640[/snapback]

I see what you mean. In US it is a two-step process in that there is both a license and a notarized certificate. In China there is one step only. At least all steps are taken at same government office.

Mike

Guest pushbrk

I see. I only checked three States. WA, PA and FL. All list "officiantes". Of those, only FL where you are listed "notary publics" as authorized officiants.

My point to the origninal poster is that in China, the "ceremony" is optional and separate from the actual marriage, so there is no reason not to have a ceremony there for her family's enjoyment and/or satisfaction. They are already accustomed to the official legal marriage occuring before or even possibly after any ceremony to witness and enjoy.

Even in the US it is fairly common to hold two or more celebrations of the marriage (receptions etc.) when family's are from different locations.

Both my daughters were married this past June. For the first, both families were local. For the second, two receptions were held only 150 miles apart.

My advice. Just go to China and have whatever ceremony or celebration suits your bride and her family.

Mike

Mike

Guest ShaQuaNew

Indeed, not only every state, but sometimes counties within the states may have their own requirements, so there is great variance. While many states show a justice of the peace may be used, these folks are little more than a licensed non-religious notary of the state or county.

these are the requirements for a JOP in New Hampshire...

http://www.sos.nh.gov/justice.htm

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
So, is she still here? Have you filed any paperwork yet? It's time to take stock of your options - you may have more than you realize.

168608[/snapback]

No.....I wish she was still here

She's back home in China as of

April this year..AOS and all we

didn't know about at the time.

I'll be going back December 26

I guess as my wife tells me I put to much emotion in all i do when it comes to her, and she is right..One of my wifes post got hijacked here from someone i would love to meet...A threat was made from 001 to someone for no reason at all...Yes we are on a k-3, yes we have our i-797c for i-130 & i-129f, latest news is for us all is transfered to Illinois, no sorry a phone call says Missouri..Katrina i'm told caused many problems, some got there packetts sent back un-opened, I was told we got lucky ours sat so long in Texas they put ours on a (fast tract)..yeh right..Anyway due to things have happened out here i (we) have no timeline to post at the moment..All wanted to know is does the same paperwork here apply if I wanted to honor my wife's parents and her to marry her(once again) in China..This is not about me, it's about her, her family and everything i can do to honor them in everyway i can...It's not about the USA, it's about showing my wife and her family the woman they gave to me, and how much i honor them..I want to surprise her,want to surprise mom and dad, brother, nephew, sister in law..I know someone out here feels the same as me...I know she will see this so , so much for a surprise...All I want is to give them who they gave me, who she gave me...

Married is married - you only do it once with the same person.

Why think that your marriage in the US would not be valid in China? That would mean that everyone who married on a K-1 would be nullified if the couple moved back to China? What about two US citizens going to China? Would their marriage be recognized?

If you want to have a ceremony, have a ceremony. Getting married in China isn't very glamorous - it's the two of you and a government official.

168792[/snapback]

But Don, what a Vegas wedding, with Elvis as the best man??? Huh? huh? :lol: