Advance Parole Received Today

Hey all,

Wei's advance parole document came in today (2 copies.) Our receipt notice date was Aug 30, approved 11/2. So, 64 days it is.

Any word on how long it's taking for initial EADs these days? According to their site, it should be "in process" now, but how long is it taking? Her biometrics appointment's tomorrow, and I'm having her bring the EAD receipt notice to see if they can tie them together somehow.

Any advice? Got some cabin fever going on here. Itchin' to work.

Edited by tmkeith (see edit history)
90 days is a good rule of thumb.  Also, don't forget that if you haven't received the EAD within the 90 days, you can usually go down to USCIS and get a temporary EAD on the spot.  We had to do this for Jingwen and the kids.

167741[/snapback]

Within 90 days of the biometrics? or 90 days of receipt notice?

Thanks.

90 days is a good rule of thumb.?Also, don't forget that if you haven't received the EAD within the 90 days, you can usually go down to USCIS and get a temporary EAD on the spot.?We had to do this for Jingwen and the kids.

167741[/snapback]

Within 90 days of the biometrics? or 90 days of receipt notice?

Thanks.

168127[/snapback]

90 days from receipt: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm#status

Trev,

can you clarify if you filed AP concurrently with I-485 or after ?

and what exactly you included in your AP packet ?

168295[/snapback]

We filed EAD, AP and AOS all at once. All in one package, but each form had its own set of supporting docs.

At the biometrics appt on Thurs, they stamped both her AOS and EAD receipt notices. With a few holidays this month, I'm sure it'll be down to the wire.