Green Card questions

Hi,

I'm a candle regular, though per my SO's request I am posting this anonymously.

My SO received her green card in the mail earlier this week. It is the conditional 2 year green card. No interview. It just appeared in the mail one day.

a> I thought that there was an interview? Is this not the case? What has been other people's experiences?

b> Since my SO never had an interview, she doesn't have a I-551 stamp in her passport that visajourney said you get if you pass the AOS interview.

c> What is the next step? I read something about filing for lifting conditions, an I-751, but that needs to be done 90 days from the expiration of this conditional green card, right?

d> Will we end up having an interview when the conditions are removed? Frankly I'm not concerned about an interview since we have tons of evidence, but I don't have much vacation and it's difficult to get time off.

e> Any one with a similar experience?

Jingwen and her daughter received their green cards (2 year) without interviews. I think we were one of the first, but others have since reported in that they have received the green cards without an interview. In fact, tonymasiello reported that some cases have been transferred to CSC for processing without interviews: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13494

The I-551 stamp is just temporary until you receive the actual green card, so I wouldn't worry about not having the stamp now that the green card has arrived. Jingwen's passport does not have the stamp in it.

You MUST file to remove the conditions 1 year and 9 months out. When the conditions are removed, the next green card will be good for ten years.

I suspect that an interview may be required in order to remove the conditions.

a> Not all AOS applicants are interviewed. It appears that recently the USCIS has been issuing green cards without interviews. Apparently, this is a way to help relieve the backlog that they must be facing.

b> She doesn't need the stamp since she has the green card now. The I-551 stamp is temporary and good for only 1 year.

c> Right.

d> Maybe, Maybe not.

e> NO.

The more of these I see, the madder I get.

This is making less and less sense to me now. Our Biometrics were done on 08/04 and the interview was successful. Yet nothing can happen because "Security clearance is not complete".

Oh well, time for an info pass visit and then a email to a inside contact at my Senator's office.