why does it take so long for chinese k1

it's the Chinese connection........ wait for someone with a little more knowledge of the history to come along.... it is an interesting, but frustrating situation.. and really doesn't make sense........ :D

Peter,it is also for the K-3 or CR1 too,If you have a chinese wife or girlfriend from China your just out of luck. before it is over with you will hate your Gov.....land of the free..... :angry: I wish I would had stayed in China but it is to late now......bad day;;;;;;; good luck and do not get in a hurry..

Dan

Hi, is this a dum question ;is it only the chinese k1 takes a year or more to get .

Have a friend who met his wife here on line too, shes from chile and there k1 took  5 months from start to finish. what gives

166975[/snapback]

I have heard that the Guangzhou consulate is the busiest American consulate in the world, and average visa time is 6 months or less for all other consulates. Here it has been 9 to 10 months, and I believe they are trying to reduce that time now.

I believe it is simply a huge number of applicants and just one consulate to process them all.........and it is not just K1, it is for all other visa types too.........tourist, business, student, etc :angry: